Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ellie’s Princess Celebration

I can’t believe that the spring passed me by and didn’t get to share Ellie and her amazing feat of turning 5. As she would say, “A whole hand!!” She was so excited about this huge accomplishment and after many discussions she decided she wanted to have a party at the house. As much as I love to throw a party, in the middle of school planning, having a party at the house was just another thing to do. But, we did it! We had a princess extravaganza, complete with dress up...

I managed to make her a princess cupcake cake for her birthday. It was a Paula Deen recipe for a strawberry cake and strawberry icing, and it was delicious!

We played pin the kiss on the frog! I did my best to draw the frog from the Disney movie, and he turned out pretty good! They had so much trying to put the kisses on the frog.

Ellie loves hibachi so much, and was so excited to watch it get made in person! We met the whole family for a yummy dinner.

Ellie asked to got to the pottery place for her birthday. We headed over right after school, and everyone got to paint something.

All in all she got to celebrate her birthday for a few days in a row and I think turning 5 was a success! I am going to miss her so much when she moves on to Kindergarten next year. I love you, mama