Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sugar Hallow

IMG_7294

We had a beautiful spring-like day in February, that made you want to spend the entire day outside after being cooped up for months and months.  We dug out our spring play clothes and hit our favorite hiking spot, Sugar Hallow.  After crossing the river on rocks (that was interesting with three kids), we came across the most amazing icicles I have ever seen!  They were hanging from the rocks, some were melting, and big pieces  were shearing off while we were there.  Ellie called it her own Arendelle, thank you Frozen for being a part of every outing with our family.

IMG_7298

Nothing makes me happier than seeing my crew covered in dirt, playing with sticks, and just being outside.  We needed this day after all of the snow, ice, and missed school.  It reminded us that spring was coming and it would be glorious when it finally arrived!

IMG_7309

This is now her new trademark smile every time I take a picture.  I think she is trying to tell me to stop with the pictures already.

IMG_7306

Love her gusto for life!

IMG_7319

IMG_7287

This was a picture from another warm winter day that we had in February!  This little girl is going through an accessory stage: glasses, hats, gloves, helmets, vests, she loves it all!

I am working hard to enjoy the weekends with my crew, and not get too tied down with work projects or setting up for school.  I am going to miss these days of everyone home, no commitments, and just an afternoon of sunshine to enjoy together.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

What a fun outing!! I can't believe how big they are all getting!! Grace's new "smile" makes me happy!