Friday, January 16, 2015

What a Year It Has Been

I found out this morning that my wonderful Grandmother, Shirley Wingo Saunders passed away.  She hasn’t been with us for the past few years, and with each month, with each visit we have become more and more aware that we were losing her.  Alzheimer's is a cruel disease that hurts the diseased as much as the family surrounding that person as they watch them slowly disappear. 

In my mind’s eye I have visions of summers on her land in Warrenton, digging potatoes from the garden, riding in tractors, playing with her old teaching supplies, learning how to play Skip Bo and other old card games, eating delicious home made food and getting surrounded by her love and warmth. 

I will choose to remember those years and moments.  The past five to six years have ben really difficult, but the person I morn today is the one I lost a long time ago.   

IMG_0447

I was lucky enough to have Grandma at Bradley’s baptism, and these are some of the last photos of the “real” Grandmas that I have.  I will treasure these pictures and know that she is looking down and smiling at me.

IMG_0440IMG_0448IMG_0449

I love you Grandma, and I miss you so much!

DSC_0070

I already had this video finished this week, and wanted to share it with you.  It is our families pictures from this past year.  It only seems fitting on a day like today that I will cherish all of these millions of little moments.  They go by so quickly.

2014

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Loved the photo montage!! My how they have grown over the year! So many awesome memories.

I miss grandma so much too! But like you said she has been gone and I am just glad she is no longer suffering! XOXOXO