Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Grade Here We Come!

DSC_0125

Summer feels like it went by in a flash.  I have a “little” big boy that is going back to school.  Back to the same grade that I taught all those years ago.  I still vividly remember being six months pregnant and packing up my classroom for the final time.  I was so excited to meet this little baby inside me.  I couldn’t really even think about the fact that someday he would grow up and be just like the sweet little kids I taught!  All I pictured was years and years with a little one at home.

Here we are sweet boy.  You were much more confident getting on the bus this year.  At ease with the process, excited for your new teacher Mr. Squires (who totally rocks, BTW!). 

I wasn’t a fan of our kindergarten teacher, and I strongly feel that she made the difficult transition to school even harder with her lack of warmth, which is essential to teach kindergarten.  You are setting the tone for the next 12 plus years of schooling, in needs to be phenomenal!  Anyway, we lived through it and now we are so so so lucky to have a veteran, fun-loving, laid back teacher, that Bradley has come home babbling on and on about each day.  I couldn’t be happier with the teacher, but that is mainly due to the fact that Bradley is happy!

He was all smiles on the first day of school!

DSC_0129 

Bradley you are:

funny and silly

smart

a rule follower

a good friend and brother to your little sisters

a HUGE helper around the house (you help clean up, un load the dishwasher, feed the dog, let the dog out, clean your room, on and on)  thank you sweet boy!!

Lego obsessed!

Star Wars obsessed

Lego + Star Wars really obsessed!

craft obsessed

getting to be a great swimmer

still my little baby in so many ways…

DSC_0119

I hope that little Miss Ellie is happy with her teacher this year, considering it is me!  She has done great with having the preschool at our house.  She has had a few moments of mommy whining, but the other children have also cried when mommies left too!  She walks around calling me “Ms. Clare” now since that is what the students are calling me.  It is hilarious!  Yes, she posed like this on her own…

DSC_0135

Ellie you are:

super silly

talk about “doughnuts” all the time (I think because mommy doesn’t let you have them)

rough and tumble (you can hang in there with the big kids, and aren’t afraid of anything)

fairy and princess obsessed

you sleep with two pandas and two lovey blankets each night

you love dancing and music

starting to jump off the side of the pool and go under!

I love having you in my class!

 

DSC_0142

DSC_0152

DSC_0158

DSC_0161

DSC_0163

Bye Bye sweet boy!  I love you so much!!

DSC_0164

3 comments:

Colleen said...

so glad to hear he loves his new teacher! I wasn't a fan of E's K teacher either. So hard when that happens!! sigh.

adorable pictures!

Lindsay said...

Bradley is too adorable!! I still can't believe they are in first grade!! So grown up!

Love Ellie's smiling eyes over the top of her sign!

amanda said...

first grade is soooo big!!!

sending lots of love and happy thoughts as you start your next big adventure! so excited for you!!