Thursday, August 1, 2013

Delinquent Mommy Blogger

IMG_1502

Wow!  I can tell summer is getting the best of me!  I have been totally neglecting my little blog.  The days of full lately and the moments are fast and fleeting when I can sit down at the computer, write, and upload pictures.  I have been spending a lot of time at night working on things for the my preschool, which will be starting in just a few short weeks.  School starts in our area on August, 21st, and I will be following the public school calendar for my preschool.  I have a lot to share as far as the preschool goes, but for now some summer fun…

We have spent quite a few days at the lake this summer.  Boating, swimming, jumping of the dock, and as if the lake couldn’t be any better my parents bought a trampoline with a slide on it for the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

IMG_1509

I would have gone crazy for this if I was 6 years old.  I loved all things dance, tumbling, and water related.  This is the perfect package!  Bradley must have jumped off of it a hundred times one day.  My Dad also took the cousins out on a tube ride…

IMG_1488

Bradley and Sammy getting ready for their ride!  I love this tube because it is like riding around the lake on a couch.  My Dad goes nice and slow and it is perfect for the little kids.

IMG_1504

Even Ellie got in on the action!  It is hard to tell from this picture, but when the kids want to go faster they give a thumbs up sign to the boat.  Here she is telling my Dad to speed things up!  Love her!

IMG_1511

Bradley and I pulled out Mouse Trap the other day for some inside fun.  We have been home a lot more in the mornings, because we have been giving Grace a morning nap if she needs one.  I used to LOVE this game when I was a child.  I got it for Bradley for Christmas and he has fallen in love with it too!

IMG_1515

This is a random photo, but Ellie pulled out Bradley’s cowboy boots and hats the other day and walked around the house with a horse.  She made everyone call her a cowgirl.  Yeeeee hawwww!

5 comments:

laura said...

your kids (along with sammy) are going to have the best memories of summers on your parents' lake!

i LOVED mouse trap as a kid...and that's one game we don't have yet. must add to the birthday present list...

xo, friend!

3 Peanuts said...

Clare,

I was just catching up over here and wanted to let you know that 2 of my 3 peanuts had sensory integration issues. LOVED the book the out of sync child and used many of the activities int hat series. They also had OT and both are FINE now. I know it is scary and it is hard work but they are doing great. I just want to give you hope for light at the end of the tunnel. E-mail me if you want or call.
Hugs,

Kim

Colleen said...

Same here!! I'm terrible with it lately. Love the lake pics. That float looks super comfy!

amanda said...

i know i have told your sister but i just wanted to make sure you know too - i am totally just going to show up one weekend at your parents. i am obsessed!! i swear it's like disney on the lake over there!!

Lindsay said...

Glad to see a catch up post! Sounds like you guys are getting things done and ready for the preschool kick off!! XOXO I think about all the fun we had with a simple inner-tube as kids.. imagine the fun we would have had with that!