Thursday, March 14, 2013

“Pinkalicious” Play Dough

pinkalicious play dough

I have been up to my eye balls in boxes, bins, and trash this week.  After a HUGE donation trip and piling up multiple trash bags in the road, I am DONE with cleaning the basement.  It looks so great!  I will share soon!

There are more important things going on here, like gearing up for our “Pinkalicious” Third Birthday in just a few short weeks.  Inspired by the upcoming party, I thought it would be fun to set up a Pinkalicious Play Dough tray.  Here is what I came up with…

play dough tray

The tray I made for Ellie had:

plates for making cupcakes

pink pom poms

colored beads

sparkles

wavy candles

neon candle

cupcake liners

lots of shades of pink play dough (store bought this time!!)

Let’s just say that it was a hit!

DSC_0171

She really wanted “cupcakes.”  I helped her with this part.  We ripped the play dough and rolled it up to form her cupcakes for her party.

DSC_0176DSC_0179

She spent a great deal of time placing the candles in the cupcakes and getting them “just so.”

DSC_0180

Then there were a few versions of “Happy Birthday” sung…to herself…to mama…to pinkalicious…on and on

DSC_0178

Then of course you have to blow out your candles! 

Happy Birthday Ellie!  It is right around the corner and you are over the moon excited about the big day. 

DSC_0183

I was surprised that she wasn’t more interested in the sparkles, pom poms and other fun objects.  We did play with the tray again later with her friend and she put some “toppings” on her cupcakes.  The candles were definitely the main attraction and she put them in and out a bunch of times.  We even discussed having three candles in each cupcake to mimic her birthday cake.  She did that too at one point.  You just never know what is going to excite them when you offer a few choices! 

Happy Pink Friday!  Love, Clare

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Great tray Clare!! I love Ellie's pony tail! :-) Can't wait to see how the basement looks!

Colleen said...

that must feel so good to have that done.

I can't believe how big Ellie looks. that just flew by!