Monday, February 11, 2013

instahappy days

IMG_1010

I decided to dig through my phone tonight and find some evidence of happier days.  There had to be some pictures that reminded me that our life wasn’t just fevers, taking temperatures, sickness, throw up, and washing sheets, right??

I found this instapicture of Ellie as Tangled, and I knew that we would make it through this rough patch.  If Tangled could survive 18 years stuck in her tower, I surely can make it through the next month of winter without losing my mind.

IMG_1053-001

I do feel as if someone is playing a bad joke on our little family.  We have had GI bugs, sinus infections, never ending coughs and colds, and now Chris and Bradley have been struck down with the noro virus.  I don’t think I have ever seen my hubby this sick.  He came home Friday and has pretty much been up in our room since then.  He comes down for little sessions to maybe eat some soup and then back he goes.  Bradley is right there with him, they have actually taken over my bedroom together.  Chris has lost seven pounds since Friday morning.

IMG_1014

This picture was taken just a week ago or so, sweet Bradley enjoying a snow day at home.  We decided to just eat his lunch I had already packed him along with some hot cocoa after his morning playing in the snow.  I miss this little guy, he has been so sad, lethargic, and quiet.  You forget how much chit chat and laughter they bring to the house when they are feeling down and out.

Ellie and Grace and I have escaped this last round of illness.  Well, mostly escaped it.  I think that I must have swiped my eye with some type of bacteria on Saturday from cleaning sheets and the bathrooms.  I woke up on Sunday with my eye welded shut with pink eye.  I had to drive into the urgent care clinic to get some mega drops and ointment.  I am finally feeling better today, but Chris was calling me “sloth eye” this weekend.  It was pretty comical. 

IMG_1009

I’ll just try to remember ballet with this little bug, and some precious outside time we had last week.  We had a random day of warm temps and I think I had the kids outside playing for hours.  I wouldn’t let them go back in!

IMG_1036-001

IMG_1045-001

Ellie and I had a lot of play time together these past few days.  With Grace still napping in the mornings and the boys being so so sick, Ellie and I have painted, made all of her sweet Valentines for her class, made stain glassed hearts and Gak to name a few little projects…

IMG_1048-001

IMG_1050-001

IMG_1051-001

IMG_1060-001

We made the Gak this weekend and she has really enjoyed playing with it. 

She kept insisting that it was snot and pretending to sneeze with it…

IMG_1062-001

We are very mature and grown up over here.  I guess this is how you pass time with an almost three year old and a big pile of green goo??  I was actually in on it with her and pretending to send “snot balls” across the kitchen.  very dainty I know.

IMG_1055-001

I have been on a knitting mission and pulled back out my needles and yarn and have been finishing up some projects.  I was worried because I had put so many craft things on hold when I had Grace, and I just hadn’t had the time to get them back out.  I started to worry that I would forget how to knit.  It wasn’t that long ago that I learned.  It didn’t take long for it to come back, I actually was able to cast on and start up quickly.  I am determined to finish up this cable knit scarf for myself and move onto a never finished sweater for Ellie. 

IMG_1039-001

I am really excited about some new sewing books that came in the mail and some fun new projects I am going to work on!  Can’t wait to share!!

IMG_1011

For now I will just breath deeply, pray that the girls don’t catch this bug, and not take life too seriously.  This past month has been more than trying for both Chris and I but, wearing a Tangled wig can really lighten things up.

I love these little ones so much and I know that the rainbow will come out after the storm.

At least that is what I am hoping.  Love, Clare 

3 comments:

Colleen said...

oh Clare, that is miserable! Poor Chris. I can't believe he lost that much weight. here's hoping your two guys are better soon.

amanda said...

so sorry buddy...sick babies (and mamas and daddys) are so not fun :( thank goodness for all the insta happy - i don't know what i would do without it sometimes!

happy healing friend!

Lindsay said...

I am just getting a chance to read some posts! Other than Gracie's head how is everyone doing?