Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Then She Pooped Glitter

Yep, I am not really done with all of the Christmas Craziness if you can believe it…but I have to stop and talk about this wild thing that has taken over our home.  Her name is Gracie.  Remember that sweet and docile newborn that we brought home not too long ago? 

DSC_0146

Yep, that is her.  So sweet and innocent with those blue eyes.  Don’t be too easily deceived.

Lately she is getting into everything.  And by everything I mean, ANYTHING that she shouldn’t be touching she gets her little hands on.  From toilet paper, toilet bowl water, markers, pens, crayons, chalk, stickers, old food on the floor (yep, totally just admitted to that), trash cans in the bathrooms, Bradley’s Legos, the list goes on and on.

When I only had Bradley I never understood how kids could get into this and that around the house.  I would hear Moms talking at playgroups about how they found their little one squirting paint around the basement or some other crazy story.  And maybe I thought I wasn’t judging them, but I totally was.  How in the world did they let them get in the basement alone?  How did they get ahold of the paint?? Etc, etc.  Looking back it was very easy to keep an eye on Bradley.  Sure he got into the dog food and spice rack once or twice.  But, I usually caught him red-handed before he did too much damage.  The second he was a little too quiet I would quickly go looking to see what he was up to.  I just didn’t quite get it.  Now I do. 

I guess I shouldn’t have been so quick to judge their parenting style or their kiddos.  I am totally, completely, 100% that mom, and probably then some.

Three kids in the afternoon kicks my rear.  There is crying, snacks, attempts at activities, playing outside or in the basement, dinner to prep, cook, clean up, little people to feed, bath, and in between try to have a conversation with my husband.  Let’s just say that Grace can get off and into something and I will hardly notice with all of the other commotion.

That is how she ate the glitter. 

IMG_0834 

The amount of glitter is hard to grasp in this photo.  It was EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The picture is blurry and the red glitter blends in with the hard wood floor.  I had been doing a Christmas craft with Bradley and Ellie and used the red glitter.  Grace waited until I was cleaning up dinner and made her way into our extra pantry space.  Let’s just say she found the glitter. 

Ellie actually came running into the kitchen to inform me that “Gracie was eating the sprinkles!”  I had no idea what she was talking about.  This is what I found when I got in the pantry.  She had dumped mounds of it onto the floor and was flinging it around with her hands.  And eating it too of course. 

IMG_0836

One baby + One large jar of red sprinkles = a long bath

IMG_0839

Just for an up close look.

Oh Gracie girl, you are going to give me grey hair.

After a long bath and a lot of vacuuming I got Grace and the mess cleaned up.  I thought that was the end of it until I found glitter in her poop the whole next day!!!!!!!!!!!

And now she started doing this…

Gracie’s First steps

What will she find next?  Please don’t judge me, because it probably won’t be anything baby friendly.  And to all those moms whose kids got into stuff around the house.  I totally get it now.

Love, Clare

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

bwahahahahahaha I am dying over here! Oh Gracie I love you sweet girl!

Colleen said...

omg Clare, that is hilarious!!! her face is just priceless.

amanda said...

seriously awesome!!

totally LOVE her!!

eas said...

This is the best story ever!!!

Jenny said...

go grace go! and the glitter, too funny! She has the sweetest face ever!