Thursday, December 27, 2012

InstaHoliday

IMG_0906

If I could sum up the holiday season for 2012, it would have to be magical, fun, and exhausting family time all rolled into one.  There was a memorable trip to Great Wolf Lodge right before Christmas Eve…(more coming on that later).  Then we came home, rallied, and celebrated Christmas with a bang.

There was a sweet bitty baby under the tree.

IMG_0888 

She is already being loved on as we speak.  She made the trip to Grandma’s house in her car seat after Christmas.

IMG_0915

There were enough Legos under the tree to sink a ship.  Literally.

IMG_0896

Bradley’s loot screamed “Big Boy” to me.  Lacrosse sticks, big roller skates, and millions and millions of Legos.  We had to set up a Lego station in the basement.  Ninjago, Lego City, Super Hero Legos, we got ‘em all this year!

IMG_0919

This was right after opening his stocking.  Yep, there were even 100s of pieces in his stocking.  My OCD brain is trying to figure out how to organize these teeny tiny pieces.  I am hoping for a Lego miracle to come and figure it out for me!  Right now they are in ziploc bags with their directions, but I know that won’t last.  Any ideas???

Christmas breakfast was delicious.  I made a “lighter” egg strata with asparagus and turkey bacon.  Then I made a Christmas tree shaped cinnamon bun breakfast for the kiddos.  Both equally yummy and perfect for our crowd!

IMG_0921IMG_0923

 

IMG_0925

There was a yummy, munchy spread out on Christmas day.  We went the easy route this year.  No more big meals for us.  The kids just want to play with their toys and we just want to relax.  We ate apps throughout the day and then Chris made a pork roast in the crock pot for dinner.  I like making new traditions that fit out children right now.  There is time for big meals and fancy outfits later. 

IMG_0927

Who has time for big meals and fancy outfits when you spend most of Christmas dressed as “Snow Wipe”???

IMG_0929

Ellie got a big, big pile of dress up clothes, but this outfit was the favorite.  It stayed on for a good part of Christmas Day.  Well, that and roller skating in her underwear.  Whichever floats your boat, right?

IMG_0932

Yes, Grace did spend Christmas with us too.  No, I didn’t get one picture of her with my phone.  I did with my camera though!  She spent most of this past holiday week transitioning from two naps to one nap a day, and has given Chris and I a run for our money.  It is always something right?  I think she went to bed before 6 on Christmas day.

I hope your Christmas was as magical and exhausting as ours.  I am definitely ready for a long winter’s nap and an organization team to take over my house and find places for all of this new stuff!! 

Love, Clare

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

What fun! I can't wait to see the rest of it! Ellie looks so adorable in her snow white costume!

Amy - OPC said...

ELLIE!!! Ahh that girl gets me. :) Glad you had a merry Christmas Clare!

amanda said...

magical indeed friend!

merry, merry to you and yours!!

Jodee said...

I remember those exhausting -- but very magical -- holidays! It will get better! However, we still do "light" food during the day since everyone is sooo busy playing with their new toys! Love your pictures!