Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

IMG_0717

I have loved reading what everyone is thankful for on facebook.  People were thankful for family, friends, food, activities.  I am right there with them.  There is a lot to be thankful for this year.  Three little baby birds that make our house noisy, crazy, and oh so fun. 

This weekend was much needed.  A little family time on turkey day.  Chris got a day of golfing with friends.  Chris, Bradley and I all traveled to Virginia Tech to watch them beat UVA on Saturday (in the very, very freezing temps) and Sunday we decked the halls.

Now I am on the verge of December with a million little thoughts in my head. 

How do I slow down and enjoy the moments?  How do we try to have fun, capture the magic, and remember people that have so much less than us?  How do I instill this in my children?

What ornaments should we make?  What cookies to bake??  I love this time of year, but it can also be a little overwhelming.

I am going to do my socks filled with activities again this year.  I will try to update you on our activities that we do each day.  I am only going to fill 7 socks at a time to keep it a little more flexible.  That is one my tasks tonight.  Along with getting started on some Christmas sewing projects that I haven’t finished.  I want to make the kids hooded bath towels.  I found the tutorial for Angry Birds bath towels here, and I will show you how they turn out!  Other than that I have a few more people to purchase gifts for, but the kiddos are done.

Nothing like the holidays to bring out some craftiness.  Bradley and I had a date a few weekends ago and I took him to the pottery painting place.  We made lots of ornaments.  I love that he will now sit with me and paint for hours.  So fun!!

IMG_0752 

Can you tell that he is sick of smiling for the camera?  off to sew it up…

 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So glad you guys had a good weekend!! Sorry we couldn't watch Gracie for you!!