Sunday, November 18, 2012

R & R (six years in the making)

CSC_0357

What a special trip.  Treasure Beach, Jamaica was all that it was cracked up to be.  Five days of sun, sand, exercise, drinks, and lots of yummy food.  I really couldn’t have picked a better way to spend my first long break away from my children. 

I had my own room.  My own schedule that didn’t revolve around cranky children or nap times.  My own agenda that involved lots of time to work out and read books.  People cooked for me, brought me drinks, and asked ME if I needed anything.  Let’s be get real, I even felt like I was on vacation by the time I reached the airport without my children and only had my one purse to look out for.

Chris stepped up his Daddy role in the major way.  Not only taking care of everyone, but Bradley got sick while I was gone and had to stay home from school.  Thank you Chris!!

My Mom was a savior because the babysitter canceled on Chris because she was sick too, and he had to call in the reinforcements.  Thank you Mom!!

He dealt with it all.  One sick 5 year old.  Two little girls that were recovering from sinus and ear infections, and even took them all to the grocery store.  I was impressed! 

DSC_0242

I got to spend lots of time with this fabulous lady that is a truly wonderful friend in so many ways. 

I even took a nap!  I know, amazing!

I have lots more pictures to edit and stories to tell…

the rest is coming soon.  For now, I am home, happy, and surrounded by some sweet babies that I missed so much!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So glad you had fun and so glad you didn't get sick while there!

Jenny said...

Looks and sounds like it was amazing!