Saturday, November 3, 2012

Life in the Fast Lane

IMG_9203a

(all pictures in the orchard were taken by the amazing Amy Benoit Photography.  Learn about her here!)

I am finally sitting down to a fully working computer.  Life is good.  I have so much to catch up on with our little family of five.  Over 600 pictures worth….first birthday festivities, gracie’s beautiful baptism, halloween, pumpkin activities, the list goes on and on…

After watching hurricane Sandy destroy the entire eastern shore, including the beloved OBX where we take our children each summer, I am thankful for a few minor computer issues.  So many people are facing so much.  Our little town wasn’t too affected by the hurricane, just some minor power outages and we lost our two ceiling fans on the front porch due to the high, high wind gusts in our area.  I guess being right next to the blue ridge mountains can provide for some interesting weather?!

First and foremost, this little lady is ONE!!  Can you believe it?!!  I don’t think it has really sunk in for me either.  I have spent a lot of time reflecting on this past year, the swiftness of its passing, the changes that took place with the addition to Gracie, and surviving another year lost in the mist of newborn and baby madness.

IMG_9070a

She has decided all of the sudden that she is officially ONE.  She screams during diaper changes, pulls up on everything including objects that cannot hold her up, cruises down the length of the couch, and practices walking behind her stroller approximately 20 times a day.  These are the important milestones in her life, learning to walk, and starting to object to anything that requires me holding her in one place safely.  She almost rolled right off of her changing table with me standing next to her!  I guess I am about to fall into the abyss of todllerhood, right when I was finally coming out of babyland.  Can’t they stay this cute forever?  And feel fine about sitting adorably in wagons for hours on end?

We got our pictures back from our family session at the peach orchard.  They are AMAZING as usual thank you Amy!!  I want to post them all, but I don’t want to give them away just yet, because they are going to be on our Christmas card this year.  Yippeee!

DSC_0223

I am all about To Do Lists lately.  We have started shopping for Christmas and have gotten most of the items for the kids, which feels great.  Christmas cards are starting to come together.  Bradley’s birthday invitations will be mailed out this week before I leave for my trip.  And I am slowly making some goals towards some gifts for the kids that I wanted to make myself.  A lot to do around here!  I really can’t believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner!!

Just wanted to post quickly and check in that we are still alive and well.

Catch up posts coming soon and then off to JAMAICA on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

These pictures turned out so good!! Grace you are so big!

Colleen said...

Have a great trip Clare. love that pic of Grace. she is so cute!!

amanda said...

one? are you serious?? happy happy one!!

safe and happy travels mama!

laura said...

love all the sneak peeks from your photo session!!