Thursday, June 7, 2012

It’s Official

I’m the Mom of a KINDERGARTENER!!!!!!!!!!!  I think I am still in shock.  What happened to this little toddler that went to his first little Toddler Class just a few short years ago?

IMG_4215

Getting ready for his first day in the Toddler Class, September 2008, Bradley was 20 months old.

DSC_0195

First day of the Twos and Threes Class, September 2009, Bradley was 2 1/2 years old.

DSC_0139

First day of the Three Year Old Class in our brand new house and at his new preschool, Millstone of Ivy.  Bradley was 3 1/2 years old, August 2010.

DSC_0370

I am so upset that I don’t have “first day of preschool” picture from this year!  Bradley had a horrible fever and missed the first few days of school, and I think I totally forgot about it once we finally got him better!  This was from August of 2011, Bradley is 4 1/2 years old.

He has changed so much this year!  He has gained 10 lbs. since the fall!!  He is taller than a lot of his classmates!  He lost his first tooth, became a big brother for the second time, and was so sweet last night at graduation.  We had the nanny come for the girls since it was from six to seven.  Chris and I really got to be in the moment with Bradley and just enjoy it!  We stopped in front of his school for some photos before the big event! 

DSC_0413

DSC_0410

Is this really how it happens?  They are little itty bitty toddlers that capture your heart and then you whisk them off on the bus and they go to school all week? Someone pinch me! 

I just want to keep him just like he is…sweet, gentle, kind, a wonderful friend and sibling, a huge helper around the house, a joy to be with at all times, smart, inquisitive, patient with me and Ellie, a little bit nervous (but getting better at this), a total and absolute rule follower to the 100th degree, the little boy that made me a mama.  I couldn’t be more proud!

DSC_0402

The graduation program was so sweet!  There wasn’t a dry in the house.  They gave us a stirring rendition of “God Bless America” and “You are My Sunshine” –I mean really, cut this mommy a break!  And the sweetest song called “I’ve Been Going To My Preschool”  to the tune of “I’ve been working on the Railroad.”  It brought down the house! 

Then each child stood proudly, stated their full name in front of the entire crowd and received their diploma.

DSC_0418

DSC_0420

Here he is getting his Graduation hug and kiss from the beloved “Ms. Katey.”  Doesn’t she just look like the most awesome preschool teacher?  She has been there for over 13 years!

DSC_0423

DSC_0424

DSC_0434

It is always a blessing when you send your child to school every day and you know they are being loved by such a wonderful individual.  I hope all of his school experiences are this positive!  Some of his best little buddies, Case and Gage. 

DSC_0428DSC_0426

As I flip by through the pictures sometimes I just can’t believe how lucky we are.  Three beautiful and healthy kids, and I know how special it is that I have been able to be home with his all of this time.  From the moment he was born, five and a half years later.  That is something special, and I know I will forever hold the precious moments in my heart.  Soon enough summer will zoom by and I will be taking pictures of him boarding the bus for Kindergarten.  And I don’t know if my Mommy heart can handle it!

I love you sweet boy, Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and the little young man you have turned into.  xoxoxo to the moon and back…

7 comments:

amanda said...

i just can't believe it honey. can not believe it!!

Debbie said...

I am in tears!

Jenny said...

Congrats to Bradley...such sweet photos and memories!

Lindsay said...

Yay Bradley! Aunt Lindsay and Uncle Tim are so proud of you! He looks so grown up in all of these pictures! I love his new hair cut! XOXO

Meagan said...

Well now i'm tearing up...I can't even imagine being ready for kinder! We're starting official preschool this fall and that's a little crazy to me!

You really are so lucky! :)

Christy said...

What a BIG boy! You must be so proud.

laura said...

i love the look back at all his first day of school pictures...happy pre-k graduation, bradley! we'll be there next year for syd and i'm already tearing up thinking about it!