Sunday, April 15, 2012

Friendship

DSC_0191

There is nothing like a good friend.  Even when you haven’t visited or talked in a while they are there to listen and pick right back up where you left off.  Lori and I have been friends since she rushed Kappa Delta in 1999…wow that sounds like a long time ago now.  Just a short 13 years later and we both had Ellie and Anna just two weeks apart.  You can tell by the pictures that they think it is pretty awesome too that their mommies are still best friends!!

DSC_0192-2

DSC_0212

Lori was spending the weekend with family close by and came to our house for an afternoon visit.  Sorry for the lovely outfit, I had gone out for a morning run…

Anyway, Lori was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last fall, just a few weeks before I delivered Grace.  She had to undergo surgery and a radioactive iodine treatment.  I hate that we were so far away from each other, and I had my hands full with Grace during all of this!  But, with a  lot of texts, emails, letters and prayers Lori just received the good news that she is cancer free!  We did a little cheer here at our house when we got the news!!

DSC_0186-2

I know these past 9 months have been rocky and challenging Lori, but now you can breath a sigh of relief.  Let alone you have a little girl that needs you and will get many, many more wonderful years with her mama!!

There are so many wonderful memories in my life that you were a part of, and I am looking forward to many more to come!!  I love you friend!! clare

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Such a sweet post of friendship Clare! Glad that Lori is cancer free!

Lindsay said...

Yay Lori!!! What wonderful news!! I just got tears of joy in my eyes!! Anna is beautiful!

Colleen said...

That's wonderful news Clare. I, too, have a friend who was recently diagnosed with the same. She had the surgery and is waiting to hear more. It's so scary!

laura said...

what a beautiful post on a lasting friendship. for both the mommies and the little girls. so happy your friend is cancer-free!