Monday, March 26, 2012

Deep Breaths

DSC_0326

Someone really sweet turned TWO on Sunday.  We rang in her second birthday Minnie Mouse style with a five year old brother helping to open gifts, and a little bean five month old baby sister. 

I remember being pregnant with Grace and thinking, that if I can survive until Ellie’s second birthday with a newborn and a toddler, I can handle anything.  That is pretty much the truth.  I just had the capture the amazing feat of motherhood on Sunday with a photo with my two girls.  Look, here we are, crazy toddler entering her terrible twos and a five month old baby that decided she is going to grow up fast by popping out her first tooth this weekend!

DSC_0416

I am truly exhausted.  All of the craziness last week with Grandma + planning and finishing the final touches of Ellie’s Minnie party + Grace deciding that it is really cool to roll over from her belly to her back throughout the night and scream until you come and roll her back over to her belly = two totally exhausted parents. 

But despite all of that, Grandma sat up on Friday and started eating and drinking again!  They are still watching her closely, but for now she seems stable.  Amazing transformation from the beginning of the week last week.  We had all prepared to say our goodbyes, and I had visited her a few times last week, and then she turned it around. 

AND the parties were a huge success, lots of time with family and friends.  Ellie kept saying that she was TWO and pretending to blow out her candles for the rest of the day today.  I think she had fun despite some tears during the singing of Happy Birthday…

DSC_0458

And I managed to spend the 10 year anniversary of my accident prepping and celebrating my sweet little girl’s birthday.  I think that is the way things are supposed to be.  Looking for all of the positive in my life.  It was gorgeous out, and I went for a long run this afternoon to clear my head.  There are so many things I want to share and think through about this amazing milestone.  But for now I just want to enjoy this sweet moment.  Life 10 years later with a beautiful family and so much to live for.

DSC_0339

Happy Birthday sweet Ellie!  We made it little girl!!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! Can't believe how life has changed and how beautiful it is. Thanking God for the sweet blessings He has brought into your life. Your "big" family is precious!! :)

Lindsay said...

What a wonderful post Clare! So we glad we got to celebrate with the birthday girl!!

Colleen said...

Clare you look so great in that picture!! Happy birthday to your sweet girl and I am happy to hear your grandma has made a change for the better : )

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Ellie! I just love her little outfit!

Eli is doing the same thing as Grace. He gets stuck in the middle of the night and once you roll him back over he falls back asleep but it can go on all night.

First tooth...wow! Go Grace!

Jentifur said...

Clare, I am so happy for you and your family. You look so wonderfully happy, I would never know you were tired. Think about and so glad to see how great you are doing. Love from Jared and me!