Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two Special Gals

I got to have a really quick mini-mommy vacation this weekend…well, mostly just Saturday.  But, it was a whole day event.  I got to drive for two hours without children in the car and listen to the radio, host an awesome baby shower and visit the bestie.  Chris manned the fort, took care of all of the babies, and even did laundry while I was gone!  He rocks! 

We were celebrating this amazing gal…

DSC_0196

Yep!  Kim is due with her first baby in April and Chris and I couldn’t be more excited for her and Adam!!  I love how excited they both are and nervous about this new baby arriving.  That first baby is so amazing and so so scary at the same time.  I remember feeling exactly the same way, and then you just dive in head first into parenthood.  No one can quite prepare you for the job, but I know they will do great!

DSC_0173DSC_0162

I had to put my stamp on the shower, with a few little handmade items!  I tried making the tissue paper pom poms and they turned out so sweet!  I will be using that idea again for Ellie’s birthday.  The yummy lemonade was a hit, with my hand made little bunting banner on the jar, love it! 

DSC_0184

Kim has so many amazing friends that I have gotten to know over the years from her wedding.  It was so great to see them all again and catch up on their lives.  She is one lucky girl and got spoiled by everyone!  She had friends fly in from Chicago and drive down from New York too!

DSC_0197

DSC_0199

Her best friend Sarah hosted the shower at her house.  Here she is with her adorable little 12 month old daughter Samantha who was a guest of honor!!

DSC_0189DSC_0198

I love you Kim!! I can’t wait to meet this new little baby, and line up the cousins on the couch for a big old family photo!!

PS…doesn’t Kim look amazing??  She is one of the most adorable pregnant people I have ever seen!

DSC_0200  After all that fun I drove down the road a ways to catch up with this sweet friend.  How is it possible that I am just meeting Janna’s six month son Christopher?  Man life gets busy when you add a few kids in the mix.  This lady has been on my mind so much in the past year and it was so great to get to see her and give her a big mama squeeze.  Her little family is going through a lot and any prayers you can say are certainly welcomed!

DSC_0204 

I love you sweet lady and I loved getting to wrap my arms around that adorable baby!!  We snuck out for a yummy dinner and lots of catching up.  Thank goodness we both have awesome husbands that will take over when duty calls!

After all of this traveling, my body gave out on me and I came down with a nasty cold.  I am just now finally feeling better, but I lost my voice (literally) for about three days.  Monday I was stuck at home with all three kids and no voice.  That went over well when I was trying to give Ellie important directions.  Chris said he was loving me without a voice…not sure what he is implying?  Do I annoy you honey?  Guess we need to have a chat about that later.  I feel like I am on the mend, but poor Ellie caught the cold too and ended up with a double ear infection.  I think we all just spread it around to each other again and again.

I hoping to be back up and running like normal soon!  Love, Clare 

 

7 comments:

Colleen said...

love the banner for the punch! everything looks adorable. great that you got some "me time" too!!

laura said...

love the pictures! i saw your sister-in-law was pregnant with all your pinterest pins. what a fun way to celebrate your new niece/nephew! and, i love-love-love the pic of you and janna! oh my word - that christopher is a mini peter!!

xoxo, friend! um, can we talk about how ben's birthday party is next saturday?! how are our sweet NICU babies two?! two?! i can't handle it! ;)

Janna said...

Oh sweet Clare! I loved getting to spend some time with you. Your friendship is a precious gift sent from above and I hope you always know just how much I cherish you! Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you too! xo

PS - Kim, you look amazing and so very happy. Thinking of you during this exciting and blessed time!

Jentifur said...

You and Janna are both such great people. Glad to hear you are still such good friends and great Moms! Love you girls!

Lindsay said...

What a great shower Clare!! Kim you look amazing (as always)!! Can't wait to see when your sweet baby gets here!!

I LOVE this picture of you and Jana and her adorable boys!! Many prayers are being said for Jana and her family!

Jenny said...

Looks like both visits were wonderful! Your SIL is totally beautiful and glowing!

Hope you are feeling better!

amanda said...

the shower looks adorable!! seriously how cute of a mom is she going to be!! can't wait to "meet" her new little one :)