Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Crazy Town

IMG_0140

I live in a place I like to call “Crazy Town.”  It is my own little place, in my own little house, where children eat their lunches while wearing knit hats and little scooters fly around the house with crazy drivers at the wheel…

crazy town drivers

Crazy town is beginning to get the best of me these days.  I haven’t really mentioned in my past blog posts about our winter, but it has been a sick one.  And what I mean by that is that Ellie has been sick, sick, sick.  Fussy, fussy, fussy, and mommy is just plain tired.  She is making our little crazy town even more crazy every day!

IMG_0150

In no particular order, we have had throw up, hives, fevers, ruptured ear infections, more ear infections, nasty cough, nasty colds, three different rounds of antibiotics.  This has all been since Thanksgiving!!  I am pulling my hair out with her on a daily basis.  She HATES her medicine, you have to hold her down or use two people just to give it to her.  She kicks, hits, and spits it out if you don’t hold her mouth open to make her swallow it.  She HATES to have her diaper changed.  She hits, kicks, and sticks her foot in her poopy diaper in the process, pretty much every single time.  Every seen a poopy diaper after three rounds of antibiotics??

She HATES pretty much anything that involves telling her what she has to do if it isn’t her idea.  Granted she has felt like crap, but SERIOUSLY!!?!  Then we were finally well…no cold, no cough, nada.  For all of four days (I am not kidding!).  Then Bradley got a fever and a double ear infection.  Then poor Ellie woke up sunday night with a fever of 103 and now pink eye.  Chris just picked up the drops tonight….

You must give them every TWO hours!!!  They didn’t prescribe a straight jacket to give them with, so I am not sure how this is going to fly tomorrow.

I know I am venting.  I am grateful and happy, blah blah blah.  But I also have had the sickest winter ever, and a fussy toddler and a newborn too!  Yikes!!  I still am not quite sure where we are getting all of this from, because we are lucky if we leave the house to pick up Bradley from preschool on time.  Let alone go out and about on the town!

IMG_0163

This little peanut sure makes crazy town cuter, but it is still crazy.  She must be wondering what type of loony bin she ended up in!

Ellie on her scooter

I wanted to write a blog post about my sweet little kiddos.  Take some beautiful pictures of Gracie making the most adorable gummy smiles I have ever seen.  I then realized that I haven’t picked up my camera in days.  I have taken all of 20 or so pictures in January.  At least I have picked up my iphone long enough to video tape Ellie riding her scooter in full on jewelry and sunglasses, all while sporting a fever of 103.  You would never know by the video that she was sick as a dog.

I am just trying to keep it real.  This blog is about our crazy little life, and the adventure we are on with three little kiddos.  Some parts of life are just hard, and you have to stumble through.  Waking up and wondering how you are going to tackle another day stuck in your house with a sick toddler and a newborn baby.  I want to remember these hard times too.  These are the times that form us, and make us realize how strong we are.  None of this is life threatening or really that bad in the scheme of things.  It is just the daily grind of being at home.  I love it.  And sometimes I hate it. And I love the in between of it.

Someday I will wonder what to do with all of my free time.  We went downstairs to clean up the basement the other day before the holidays.  I had to nurse Grace before we started picking up.  This is what happened to the basement while I was nursing….IMG_0145

Yup.  That blue bucket…that is what I was going to use to clean.  That little blurry head is Ellie.  And that is definitely Woody going for a ride in the shopping cart.

IMG_0146

This is what life is sometimes.  Well my life that is.  Don’t be jealous people.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

omg she is such a cutie! Sorry she has been so sick. Tis the season, right? hope you guys are on the mend too!

She goes so fast on that thing!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

UGH!!! I remember those days. It is hard. 3 kids is hard and when they are sick it is really hard. Kate was CONSTANTLY sick until we got her tonsils out and adnoids removed...hands down BEST THING WE HAVE EVER DONE!!! She had mono at 2! Strep, pnemonia and constant ear infections. it was awful. I do not envy you right now. But I will pray for you:)

hugs,
Kim

amanda said...

awwww crazy town :) good times friend! and you are right - one day soon, we will look back and miss our trips to crazy town!!

hang in there mama - you can make it!!

eas said...

what a great post. it's crazy but it'll get better. doesn't it feel good to just complain a wee bit? love the pictures of your play room-my house looks like that almost ever day!

Jentifur said...

Wow! I don't know how you do it. I am tired reading about it! Amazing Momma!

laura said...

dude, that girl is fast on her scooter!!!!! that is seriously impressive!

keep it real, girlfriend! keep it real! life isn't always pretty, but that's what makes it so great...

thinking of you! hoping ellie is on the mend soon! xoxo!

Lindsay said...

I hope everyone gets better then stays better.. k? Then we can hang out.. :-) Love Woody in the shopping cart!

Meagan said...

I understand the crazy town, but I only have two kiddos keeping up the chaos! I so hope they're all on the mend and feeling waaaay better soon!
And that scooter - awesome!