Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It Takes a Village

DSC_0391

It truly does take a village when you have a baby.  I cannot say enough about the amazing community we live in.  I feel so lucky to call it my home.  We are surrounded by great, great people.  We have had so much help since Grace arrived.  I don’t know how I would do it!  Cali set up a “meal train” for us, and we have had meals coming every other day since Grace came home.  People are signed up until the middle of December!! It is amazing!  I don’t know what I will do when I have to cook again?

DSC_0392

On Sunday Megan and Brandi had a “sip and see” for Grace and I.  They had so much wonderful food and it was so great to see a lot of friends.  It was just a little get together for all of my friends that haven’t had a chance to visit with Grace yet.  She was the center of attention and slept through the whole party!  Sweet little thing!

DSC_0389

Speaking of Grace, she is doing great!  We have had a lot of progress with nursing, and she is getting better and better with each day.  I am still pumping extra bottles throughout the day to offer her when she needs it.  It is still A LOT of pumping and I will be so glad to be done with that machine.  I told Chris when I am totally done nursing Grace I think I may run over that thing with my car.  Man that would feel good!

DSC_0368 

Another part of the village has been my Mom and our babysitter.  My Mom has been coming EVERY Monday!  It is such a huge help to have her come weekly.  She has been picking Bradley up from school, and helping me in the afternoon.  Getting children up from naps, feeding Ellie dinner, driving Bradley to gymnastics.  It is such a great way to start the week, with a bit of extra help and adult conversation.  Tuesday and Thursday we hired a babysitter (I use the term loosely) for Ellie.  She is actually my friend’s Mom and she is great!  She was a first grade teacher for years, had three children, and it so helpful.  It truly does take a village…

DSC_0382

And getting outside to play never hurts!  I definitely feel more home bound than ever, but once I get Grace settled, Ellie and I have spent a lot of time outdoors.  We just get bundled up and head to the driveway for some fun!  I guess I will venture out some day with all three kids, just not quite yet!

Love, Clare 

4 comments:

Colleen said...

That is such a great thing that you have such support in your neighborhood. You are lucky!! Glad to hear you guys are doing well : )

Lindsay said...

What a fun idea to have a sip and see!! Looks like fun! Can't wait to get my hands on little Gracie next week! Also need to get some Bradley Ellie time in too :-) XOXO good catching up this morning!

laura said...

how wonderful that you have so much loving support around you during this joyous yet crazy time! you are so right -- it really does take a village.

and, i think ellie would totally do a great job driving over that pump for you! when did she get so big?!?!?!

amanda said...

yay for the village :) seriously it really is amazing to be blessed with such wonderful friends isn't it?

and driving over the pump? that sounds divine!!