Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grace Ivy

DSC_0136-2

She arrived at 8:01 Friday morning.  Grace Ivy has completed our family, and made me the happiest mama.  My heart is overjoyed to finally have her here, healthy, and getting to see her sweet little face.  The nerves Thursday night and on our drive to the hospital were out of control.  Excitement to meet our sweet baby and emotions about our last hospital trip were on Chris and I’s mind Friday morning.

But she has taken away all our fears and replaced them with joy.  Grace has a special place in my heart.  My little gift from God.  I will explain more of that later when I have a moment to reflect, right now she is just perfect…

DSC_0114

DSC_0121-2

DSC_0123-2

DSC_0149-2

DSC_0159-2

The meeting of Bradley and Grace was no less than perfect.  He just spent the whole time tracing the outline of her face, inspecting her little hands, and kissing her sweet head.  This is a little boy in love, and will someday make a wonderful father.  I have never seen an almost five year be sweeter and gentler to anything before.

DSC_0157

We made the decision to keep Ellie at home.  She just wouldn’t understand the hospital and not being able to climb up on me.  I think it was the right thing to do, she is just so little.  Her homecoming with Grace was just as sweet…

DSC_0213

DSC_0215

She is really interested in Baby Grace and brings her pacifiers and baby hats.  She has exceeded my expectations and wants to know where “baby” is at all times.  I have the sweetest video to share, once I get things more organized.  She is going to be a great big sister and I know they will be great friends.

DSC_0236

Right now we are settling in, adjusting, and trying to catch little cat naps whenever we can.  I am 100% in love with these three babies, and I have never felt more blessed or complete in my life. 

Grace Ivy

7 lbs. 8 oz.

20 inches long

8:01 am Friday, October 21st, 2011

Welcome to the world sweet baby!!  You are very loved!

 

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Claire --- congratulations!!!!! Your family is gorgeous and the kids look so happy to have a new baby sibling to love on and play with.

(And I do LOVE her name!)

Krystyn said...

Welcome to the the world Baby Grace and congrats to you all!

Colleen said...

She is beautiful!! I love her name!! Loved reading this.

Penny said...

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

Lindsay said...

Love her so much already!! Can't wait to come see her again today!

laura said...

my heart is exploding with happiness for you, friend....seeing bradley with grace....oh, mama swoon! seeing ellie's big smile looking at her little sister...melt my heart. oh girl, stop it -- you are making me want another one! ;)

thinking of you and your wee ones, big and small, as you settle into your new life as a family of 5!!! xoxoxoxo!

amanda said...

so so so happy for you!! she is such a love friend! hope you enjoy these next few weeks of newborn snuggles!! there truly is nothing like it is there?

welcome sweet girl!

Jodee said...

Congrats on your new bundle of joy! She is absolutely adorable!

3 Peanuts said...

Congratulations Clare!!! I am so thrilled for y'all. Grace is beautiful. I love how you describe when Bradley met Grace. You have raised him well.

Blessing to you all. Hopefully you re being well cared for and have some help so you can rest and recover.

Christy said...

Congratulations! She is so perfect and little. Enjoy her mama!

aimee said...

Thanks for sharing Grace with us! She's just beautiful! I love your sweet boy, Bradley! What a great big brother who will definitely protect his girls. And Ellie - she's delicious! Glad to hear she loves her bay-bee (as Finn would say). Hope you're feeling better every day!