Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2 More Days and Holding…

DSC_0183

I can’t believe our lives are about to completely change in just two days.  I snapped some photos of the nursery the other day, and yes that is Ellie ripping out a piece from her book, and Bradley eating yogurt covered raisins and graham crackers upstairs.  You do what you have to do!!  All for the sake of getting some pictures of the nursery finally finished. 

DSC_0179-2DSC_0178-2

The bedroom is completed and looking quite cute!!  Using Bradley’s bedding has brought back so many memories and emotions.  I can’t believe that just a little less than five years ago I was getting his room ready.  Ready to welcome our first child into the world.  After bringing him home I vividly remember being more tired that I had ever felt in my life and thinking…. "I will NEVER do this again.  This is so hard.”  How things change, your children grow up and holding a little baby seems like a piece of cake compared to a tantruming toddler or dealing with kids hurting your child’s feelings at school. 

They grow up without us even getting the chance to just soak it all in.  Life just flies by and now I am on the eve of a mothering marathon.  I have no illusions about how difficult the next four to five months will be.  Tired, nursing, postpartum, all wrapped up with a bow, with the addition of taking care of two other children.  One of which still needs her diaper changed, food cut up, and can’t speak more than one word sentences. 

But I also know this, I spent a good part of two years praying and wishing for a second child.  I never in a million years thought we would ever have the chance to even have three kids, let alone two.  More than the difficult days that lie ahead (which I am sure I will blog about!), I feel extremely blessed.  My life hasn’t always taken the easiest turns.  And because of those moments, the eve of the birth of our third child feels like a miracle of all miracles.  Happiness is here in our home.  Life is in our home.  We have made a home, filled with beautiful children, and a strong couple.  There is not much more I would or could ever ask for. 

I have less than 48 hours left of feeling the kicks and jabs of little baby hands and feet inside my belly.  The anticipation of this little person’s life about to begin is overwhelming.  Sleep is hard to come by these days.  Last night I dreamt there were 15 babies in my belly that they pulled out in the OR.  I was extremely worried about how we were going to take care of them all, and pretty sure I only saw one baby in the ultrasound.  I guess that is my mind preparing me for the feeling of taking care of three little birds at home by myself.  Probably the hardest job I will ever have.

DSC_0189 

There is so much more in store for our almost family of five.  I can’t wait to see it all unfold in the upcoming years.  Just seeing the sparkle in Bradley’s eye when he talks about being the OLDEST brother in the house.  How he will sit on the couch next to me with his hands patiently waiting on my belly for the next kick.  Then he will scream out, “I felt the baby!!  I just felt a kick!!” 

IMG_0096 

This is it!! 39 weeks and ready to pop!  Updates coming soon!!

Love, Clare

 

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the finished nursery!! Can't wait to meet this baby!! He/She is going to be perfect and so loved by his/her amazing parents! My money is on girl ;-) But I was wrong about Bradley!

Jaime said...

The nursery is absolutely adorable and you look awesome!!!! Congratulations to the whole family --- your babies are all so beautiful and I know the newest one will be as well.

Jenny said...

The nursery looks amazing! I can't believe you are 2 days away...you look great! I could go any day at 4cm.
I am going to say boy...it looks like you just have a basketball in there!
Good luck and happy thoughts sent your way!

paige said...

what a precious precious nursery!!
so excited for you :)

3 Peanuts said...

So exciting!!! Blessings for a perfect delivery!

Christy said...

Porgie and Izzy are only 17 months apart, so I know the chaos of two babies very well. But it is soooo worth it. My two older kids are so close. They are the best of friends. I actually feel sorry for Guppy for being so much younger.

Good luck friend! This is such an exciting time. Enjoy every second.

Colleen said...

So very excited for you guys! I LOVE the nursery. Such a bright beautiful space!! Will be waiting for your update : )

laura said...

omg! omg! omg! weren't we just pregnant together with ellie and ben like yesterday?! this pregnancy has flown by in the blink of an eye. i cannot tell you how happy, how excited, how thrilled i am for you and your soon-to-be family of 5! 5! i cannot wait to "meet" the little miracle tomorrow! i will be stalking the blog and facebook like a hawk! ;)

xoxo!
p.s. the nursery is GORGEOUS!

amanda said...

oh friend!! i hope you are enjoying every last ounce of your thursday - i will be standing by tomorrow waiting for the big news!! sending you lots of happy thoughts!! soak it up mama!! oh to hold a brand new baby!!

xoxo

Krystyn said...

Love the nursery.


And, savor those last little kicks and jabs.

Hope it's quick and easy for you!

laura said...

just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you, mama! L-O-V-E-D the first picture of your little one on Facebook! L-O-V-E the name! can't wait to see the magic when you get ahold of that adorable baby with your real camera! love and hugs! congrats, congrats!!!