Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life’s a Beach

DSC_0646

I wish we had a few more days of vacation.  A week just always seems to fly by.  We had so much fun in OBX.  The beach, the sand, the pool, and two water loving babes.

The little one took to the beach like she had been there a million times.

DSC_0647

She was one with the sand and the water.  You couldn’t leave her side for a second.

DSC_0667

The big one full on swam in the ocean.  Out in the deep waves.  Swimming between Chris and I, giggling with joy when a big one was headed our way.  I have never seen anything like it.  He is growing up.

DSC_0424

Family photos didn’t go quite as planned, but what can you do with a  toddler and a little boy that thinks his mama’s matching outfits and picture taking is annoying?  They still look cute and will always remind me of these special moments.

DSC_0721

And of course I can’t forget about these adorable little girls that stole our hearts this week.  They are our family.  I love these littles and we are thinking a four ‘peat is in the mix for next summer.

I have LOTS of laundry to do.  A little doggie that I know can’t wait to see us tomorrow morning.  And some much needed sleep in my own bed.  There is nothing like vacation, and nothing like getting back home.  I will sort through my 100s of photos and be posting again soon.  These were just a few that jumped out at me. 

Love, Clare

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

okay serious... could your kids or cali's kids be any stinking cuter?.. nope they couldn't! Glad you guys had a great time.. can't wait to catch up with you soon!!

Colleen said...

OMG I love that picture with their matching outfits. Adorable!

laura said...

omg. ellie in the sand! ellie in the sand! bradley jumping waves. amazing. we leave for emerald isle in 2 weeks...oh, how i am counting the days!!!

and the matching outfits! i soooo almost got the kids those from kelly's kids and restrained myself. i may have to order for next summer. adorable. and that pic - i'd say that photo shoot was a rousing success with that adorableness as a result!

hope you are feeling well! xo!

amanda said...

welcome home!! can i tell you how giddy i am over the beach pics?? we just booked a trip to sept to the beach and i can hardly stand it!!

can't wait to see more!!

hope you have your feet up :)

Erica said...

Cute! I love that picture with their matching outfits.

affordable insurance