Thursday, June 2, 2011

Living the Dream

DSC_0351

So I did it.  I took the plunge into the photography world.  I am definitely stepping out with baby steps.  Dipping my toes in the water of this new path that didn’t reveal itself until recently.  There is still a lot to learn.  That can be said by the 100s of pictures I took that didn’t make it through the editing process.  Not enough light, overexposed, children making funny faces.  The factors are endless when trying to capture a picture of children. 

This adorable family approached me about taking some pictures for their son James’ 2nd birthday.  We met on the grounds of our local university and snapped away.  Elizabeth and James in the first picture is one of my favorites, but I definitely had a hard time choosing.  Hannah Kate and James were both so adorable, they captured my heart with their beautiful eyes and sweet personalities.  Hamming it up the whole time, even when the heat was hitting 95 degrees!! 

DSC_0114

Can you just tell how much fun these two were?  Look at Hannah Kate, she looks like a professional, and then James wore this expression for much of the shoot…

DSC_0104

I am in love with this picture of everyone on the lawn.  Elizabeth looks like the true multi-tasker mom.  Getting James to look at the camera, while holding big sister’s hand.  I adore this photo.

DSC_0216

We found the coolest tree to climb around towards the end of the photo shoot.  I love the twisted branches in the background of this picture.

DSC_0380

DSC_0207

 

Daddy and Hannah Kate…

DSC_0346

 

DSC_0142

 

I love the light bouncing off these two beauties…

DSC_0258

Thank you so much Elizabeth for letting me take pictures of your family!  It was so much fun! 

I can’t believe that I am taking the leap, but I think it is a good move.  I feel challenged, I feel motivated to get better and the only way is to continue to push myself and take more photos.  It is fun to take pictures of your own children, but capturing the personalities of other families is truly amazing.  You feel honored to be invited in and be a part of their lives.  I am hoping to turn this into something beyond a passion.  Wish me luck!! 

DSC_0356

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Good luck Clare - great photos!!!

Jodee said...

What a fun photo shoot. Cute family!

Lindsay said...

ohh Clare they turned out great! I love the one of James and Hannah Kate walking on the wall!

amanda said...

you did it!! you took the first big step!! congrats :)

Mandy said...

I'm sure this family is very pleased with these photos!! Good luck on your photography adventure! It really is so rewarding!

aimee said...

You did it! They look great!