Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Splashing Around

DSC_0259

Even though it feels like it has rained here day and night, we have had a few little glimmers of sunshine.  As soon as the sun started to peak through the clouds yesterday we ran out with our rain boots on to find some good puddles.  They were at every corner, and I was able to capture Bradley splashing away.

Thank you for all of your sweet comments and support about starting my own photography business.  I am so excited about what this new adventure can bring.  I have officially booked my first portfolio building client, and have a few others in the works.  I got off the phone with my first client last night and couldn’t hide my cheesy excitement and my nervousness.  We are meeting at the local university campus in two weeks.  I am going to do some research before we meet, to see where the best places will be it shoot.  I hope that they are pleased with the photos, and I can slowly grow a portfolio over the next two years, get better and better, and be ready to start an official business sometime in 2012.

Instead of going out and about, we had all of our buddies over yesterday for homemade pizza and a big show of batman, spiderman, and super girls.  Chloe and Gigi split their time between being super girls and following Ellie around the house.  I think they are part fascinated with her and her little crawling antics. 

Unfortunately baby girl has come down with a yucky case of a runny nose and seems unsatisfied by everything in her path.  Her cold and the yucky weather don’t leave us much choice in things to do.  I always hate to be “that mom” that drags the snotty baby to the bounce n’ play or the museum just for the chance to get out of the house.  So it looks like we are in for another day of playing inside, as I glance at the dark gloomy skies out of the window.

A few weeks ago, we got to go to an awesome local event called The Big Gig.

DSC_0015

It was the perfect chance to get dressed up, I mean Really dressed up.  Although in this photo it looks like I don’t have on a dress at all!  Cali and Rick invited us to this fun silent and live auction to raise money for the local Boys and Girls Club.  There were some famous guests and hosts for the dinner and live auction…

DSC_0017

The hosts of Fox Football were our special auctioneers, and the money was flying out the window.  Not by our table though!!

DSC_0026

We spent most of the evening enjoying the great food, friends, and watching people spend tens of thousands of dollars on trips to Colorado ranches, French villas, and beach vacations.  It was a sight to see!  Then Dave Mathews Drummer auctioned off a signed guitar along with some other band items for $20,000!!!  The buyer decided that he didn’t really need all of that stuff, just give to to the Boys and Girls club.  So it all went up for auction AGAIN and sold for $16,000.  I have never seen anything like it.  What fun!!

These guys are such great friends, I feel so lucky to have them in our lives.  Thanks for the awesome evening!!

DSC_0027      

Stay dry out there!!  Love, Clare

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Awesome!! Congrats! love the splash picture

aimee said...

Love the rain boots and the puddle splashing photo!

Jenny said...

It looks like it was a great evening, and you are totally glowing! Beautiful.

Congrats on your first client...can't wait to see some from the shoot!

laura said...

small world - one of my sratty sisters, kari, was one of the chairs of that event.

i know a certain local university like the back of my hand. my fave photo spots are, obviously, the lawn. but the amphitheatre would be really neat with all the stairs. there are also some great trees (and benches) walking up to the rotunda from the corner. the serpentine walls that enclose some of the gardens -- oh, those would make for awesome backdrops. there's a fun whispering wall between newcomb hall and monroe hall. gosh, i heart that place!

oh, and that puddle jumping photo...that is soooo amanda! ;)

xo!

Jodee said...

Love, love, love the puddle picture! You are going to rock the photography business!

You looked fabulous! What an amazing night out on the town!

Brian and Emily DeLuca said...

Love the splash picture, I don't know how you do it! But what I REALLY LOVE is the new banner picture of those two sweet things in the crib! Such a great picture, priceless!

amanda said...

hooray for puddle pics :) my fav!

and super hooray for dressing up and going out!!

Lindsay said...

What a fun night and yay for your first client!!