Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gone Fishin’

Mother’s Day Weekend was excellent!! Lots of beautiful weather and time spent outside in the fresh air. 

Chris fixed an amazing breakfast, and then surprised me with some new charms for my Pandora bracelet.  I got a “B” and a letter “E” which was so thoughtful.  He also bought me a little house, he said it would be good to have something that represents what pays the bills around here.  Gotta love his style.

We visited the strawberry patch on Sunday.  It was a bit early for picking, but we did manage to get some delicious strawberry ice cream.  Then lunch at my favorite Gourmet Deli and Grocery Store.  Toasted sandwich with portabella mushrooms, arugula, and spicy pimento spread.  Can you tell that I think about food a lot?

I just reached the point this week that my pants are getting a bit too tight and won’t button.  16 weeks.  Wow, it already seems like it is going by so so fast.  I know this summer is going to fly by, and then we are going to be welcoming this new baby to our house. 

DSC_0113

 These two boys got to live it up on Saturday morning and fish off of the dock.  It only took five minutes before they realized that fishing is a boring sport, and it much more fun to splash sticks in the water.  This probably lead to the fact that we didn’t catch a fish for a while.  Until all of the sudden Lindsay reeled this little baby in…

DSC_0138

The boys were really intrigued and got some up close and personal fish time.  At first they weren’t so sure…

DSC_0140

Then they came around.

DSC_0141

Chris couldn’t be out fished by my little sister, so he spent the remainder of the morning trying to catch something bigger and better.

DSC_0148

DSC_0149

Only to be out smarted by little boys with better plans.

DSC_0114

DSC_0117

All in all it was a great morning fishing off the dock, and celebrating Mother’s Day. 

DSC_0107

DSC_0102

happy mother’s day to all of you fabulous mommies out there!!

 

 

7 comments:

Jodee said...

It looks like you had loads of fun on Mother's Day! Love the fishing pictures!

16 weeks already?! Time flies when you are having fun! Baby #3 will be here before you know it!

amanda said...

looks so fun friend!! oh how i wish my parents had that beautiful dock!!

happy mama's day to you too!!

Lindsay said...

hehe love it!! I'm going to steal some of these pictures..I will have some of Bradley running the trains up next week :-)

Colleen said...

beautiful pictures Clare! Glad you had a nice day. Looks pretty nice to me : )

Jenny said...

The pictures are amazing! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.
And I am constantly thinking about food as well, in fact that strawberry ice cream sounds delicious!

Lindsay said...

Love all these pictures.. I swear I thought I commented on this post already :-P It was great to see you today! Sammy misses Bradley so much! Thanks for watching him for us!!!!

amanda said...

did blogger eat my comment on this post?? i think so!!

happy happy mom's day friend :)