Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kicking My Butt!!

We are smack dab in the middle of spring break over here.  Yep, no school, no fun plans or vacations.  Just Mommy trying to be creative with our time.  This is good practice to get me ready for summer.  I need to step up to the plate and have some fun outings and activities lined up or it is going to be a LONG summer.  Point being, spring break is kicking my butt just a bit.  I am a little tired of everyone by 5 pm.  Guess that is normal, but I feel bad when my children look so sweet, even when eating cheese its!  

DSC_0385

We spent the first day of spring break going to the zoo.  It isn’t the most amazing zoo, but it is definitely fun and there is lots to see.  I have learned that it is hard to be the planner, stroller pusher, four year old controller, and the picture taker.  I did get some photos of the boys feeding these adorable giraffes.  Other than that I got nada.  Many of the animals were behind cages, so it is hard to get a good photo. 

DSC_0307

DSC_0312

Davis’ giraffe had a seriously LONG tongue, yuck!!

Bradley also enjoyed seeing the vultures fight over a dead mouse.  After I threw up in my mouth we moved on to the next exhibit.  It all ended with a  carousel ride on a giraffe of course!

DSC_0361

Tuesday we hung around the house, and made some spin art.  If you haven’t tried it, you must.  It brings back fond memories of girl scout camp and time spent at the arts and crafts station (it was one of my favorites!!).  Bradley is now a spin art addict.  We are actually almost out of paint.  Now if I can just figure out how to refill those little bottles, suggestions??

DSC_0391

Bradley and Gigi went to see the movie Hop yesterday afternoon.  Tonight during prayers he told me that it was his favorite part of the day today.  Must have made quite an impression since it happened yesterday. 

Today was a beautiful day, and we had a good old play date with Bradley’s BFF from school.  Will and Bradley have been in class together for two years, even switching schools this year together.  They are a little obsessed with each other.  Talk about each other constantly.  And they both get completely over the top geeked out when play dates are about to happen. 

DSC_0374

After some serious fireman play time, we went outside. 

Ellie watched as the boys continue their game of fireman on the slides and ladders of the playground.  I love this age of imaginative play.  It just makes things so fun.  I apparently received 37 dollars in fireman fines while pushing Ellie on the swing.  I guess I need to check the batteries in the smoke detectors. 

DSC_0409

That about wraps up the first half of the week.  Wish me luck with the second half…

I am thinking a trip to the local fair “Dogwood Festival” is going to be right up our alley soon!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun on spring break! That giraffes tongue totally grossed me out :-P

Jodee said...

It looks like you are having loads of fun on spring break. Cute zoo pictures!

Colleen said...

looks like you have had fun nonetheless! at least the weather looked good too. I am cracking up at the mouse story. Yuck!

Jenny said...

It definitely looks like you guys have had some nice weather at least!

I am with you...I have to get busy planning some activities for the summer. Choices for Will's age are so limited as far as little day camps. I think we might join the local pool and do lots of mini day trips.

laura said...

look at those giraffes! so cool!

we've got spring break the week before easter down here. i'm already thinking of fun things to do. maybe we'll even go "crazy" and skip a morning nap or two. hehe! looks like ya'll are having lots of fun! three cheers for spring!

p.s. it's so fun to see pics of megan and davis! how small the world is?!!

xoxo, friend!

amanda said...

happy spring break!!!

i want to feed the giraffes - sooo fun!!

Laural Out Loud said...

Yuck, indeed! I find ALL animal slobber really gross, and try to keep their mouths away from me at all times. It is, sadly, the main reason I don't have a dog. And the shedding.

We are almost done with Spring Break, and it's been rainy and miserable outside AND inside, lol. Can't wait for school to start again! At least in the summer the weather is nice and we can play outside.