Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Love

Scan_Pic0002

We got to see baby #3 last week.  (that still sounds so weird to say, baby #3)  It doesn’t seem to matter which pregnancy, or how many times you witness a sonogram.  It is magical.  The little baby parts.  Little feet and hands.  The doctor thought that the baby was sucking on their hand in this picture.  Looks like it to me!  I just know that I am in love.  100% amazed again.  And beyond happy.

Bradley joined us for our doctor’s appointment.  He was SO excited.  So patient in the waiting room, coloring his Thomas book and waiting for our turn to see the baby.  The first images were of the baby and listening to the heart beat.  Everything was being shown over large screens in the room.  He was entranced.  Hands next to his face, just staring with his mouth open.  Interested in every little part and piece. 

Mommy, that is like my heart beat.  It gets fast when I run a lot.

Mommy, look the baby kicked their feet.

It is a boy.  Only boys kick inside their Mommy’s belly.  Ellie just slept the whole time.  This must be a boy.  I just know it.

I am hoping that he isn’t disappointed.  Poor little thing was so intent that it was a boy.  He even told the nurse all about it.  “It’s a boy, he was kicking A LOT.”  I had been set on waiting to find out the sex of the baby.  I thought that we had stuff for a boy and a girl.  I didn’t find out with Bradley, and I just thought let’s do it again.  It is so fun to wait.  But, he is so determined that it is a boy I am a little nervous.  I think we may have to find out just to prepare him.  We keep gently saying, you know Bradley it could be a girl too.  We don’t know yet!  He just says, well I know it is a boy.  He is a determined big brother!

Baby #3, thank you for being strong, healthy, and perfect.  We are so excited to meet you this fall.  Bring you home to this family.  Thank you for choosing me to be your mama.  I love you!

   

10 comments:

Colleen said...

yay! so precious!

laura said...

love.

Lindsay said...

What a wonderful ultrasound picture! I also love that Bradley knows it a boy since its kicking a lot :-)

eas said...

love those ultrasound pictures! magical.

Krystyn said...

Congrats girl! I totally missed the announcement.

amanda said...

i can't believe there is a baby in your belly!!!

Jodee said...

I completely agree! Ultrasound pictures are the best!

Carson was convinced that Kamree was a boy too and we didn't find out her sex before. He completely forgot after she was born!

Jaime said...

SO excited for you!!!! COngratulations!

Grace was convinced I was going to have a baby sister for her --- well, she is completely in love with her baby brother Will now.

aimee said...

So cute! What a good big brother, Bradley! Great baby photo!

allie said...

congratulations! i hope it's a boy for his sake too, although i'm positive he'd make a great big brother to two little girls as well :)