Friday, March 25, 2011

You are One Little One!!!


DSC_0019_thumb1
This week for me used to always be about reflection, hope, forgiveness and healing.  But, you have given it a new meaning and a new purpose.  You have shown me that I do have a special place on this Earth.  And it is right here raising you.
For today I just want to talk about you little girl.  I just spent the better part of the day remembering.  Filling out your baby book with the final few months of pictures and memories.  Jotting down all of the amazing cute things you do.  From waving bye-bye, to leaning over to give your brother kisses, and always picking The Wheels on the Bus book from the basket because it is your favorite.  I finished your first year calendar.  Marking every tooth, play date, and music class with a little note.  I hope someday we can sit down together and look through all of these memory keepers. 
The first year is really amazing.  The growth and learning you have done, and so much that I have done as a Mom.  I got my first taste in learning to balance.  How to be a Mommy to two little people that need me in very different ways.
DSC_0012_thumb1
Thank you for being patient and understanding when I didn’t figure it out the first time.  Or the second.

DSC_0040_thumb1
I just don’t know how to put into words just how much I love you.  Your little soft arms, that have just the perfect little creases of baby chub.  The little wisp of curls on the back of your head.  The way you rub your eyes with the back of your hands when you are getting really sleepy.  Or the way you squawk and stretch when you see your nighttime bottle.

Or maybe it is the green flecks in your eyes, just like your Daddy’s.  The way you look at your brother when he walks in the room.  It is like you say with your eyes, “There is my most favorite person on the Earth, I was wondering where he went?” 
But, mostly it is just that you are you, and I carried you in my belly and brought you into this world. Our hearts are forever attached.  You and Bradley are the best things I have ever done in my life.  I cannot believe that we have already been together for 365 days.  Most of those spent with me nursing you 4 to 12 times a day, depending on your size and your lung capacity. 

I love you little miss ellie clare.  forever.

happy 1st birthday little one! 
DSC_0029_thumb2




6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ohh my word.. this post gave me tears in my eyes!! So very sweet! I love these pictures of your sweet little Ellie! Glad I got to celebrate with you guys this weekend :-)

Colleen said...

Aww so precious!! Happy Birthday Ellie. Great post Clare.

Christy said...

I can't believe it has already been a year! WOW!

Happy birthday sweet baby girl:)

laura said...

birthdays are always special...but i found that, with ben, as i am sure it is for you with ellie, it is a little different. a little more special...a little more momentous...a little more emotional...a little more totally amazing...given everything we/they went through during those first few weeks.

look at our NICU babies now, huh?! happy happy first birthday, ellie from all of us here in the land of syd and ben! xoxo!

laura said...

oh, and p.s., what is this calendar thing?!??! do share, friend!!

Jodee said...

Ellie is just adorable! You are one blessed mama!