Sunday, March 13, 2011

From the Recipe Box {Easy Peasy Mini Banana Muffins}

 

I have to give my sister in law Kim all of the credit for this fun recipe.  She brought these down to our house a few years ago, and I loved them!  They are fairly healthy, substituting applesauce for eggs.  They also give me a great way to use up ripe bananas…which we always seem to have around the house!  Muffins don’t get any easier than this…

DSC_0016

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix

1/3 heaping cup of unsweetened applesauce

3 ripe bananas

1 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. cinnamon

optional:  1 cup of chocolate chips

 

Directions:

Mash bananas in large bowl.  Add the rest of the ingredients, mixing very well.

Spray mini muffin pan with Pam.  Place a heaping tablespoon of batter in each cup.

Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

For regular muffin size bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

They sound so yummy and easy to make!

alexis said...

Just visiting :) These look amazing! I read your birth story too... I am a NICU nurse... and now that I am a mother, I feel so deeply for those who have to experince us. I am so glad to see your little one is doing well!

Lindsay said...

Yum those look super tasty! Just need some ripe bananas and we will be making some!

laura said...

oooh, that picture! very pioneer woman!!

the muffins looks delish! and i'll have to pass this along to my bestie. the best buddy is allergic to eggs (and nuts) and miss dee is always looking for egg-free recipes.

happy monday, friend! xo!