Monday, March 28, 2011

Ellie’s First Birthday {Gingham Cuteness}

DSC_0117

Happy Birthday Sweet Little Girl!!  This little doll has stolen our hearts and the hearts of her family.  She is such a sweet baby, soon to be toddler!  I cannot believe an entire year has passed.  It is hard to imagine our lives without her.

This weekend was filled with a cute baby girl, lots of gingham, and of course cupcakes.  And yes that is Ellie trying to touch the burning candle.  Don’t worry I stepped in before she was in danger!

 

DSC_0010

There was yummy mason jar cookie favors. Filled up with pink and purple m+ms, and topped with purple gingham fabric.  Don’t ask me how long it took to sort out the m+ms, or how many extra m+ms I have in the candy closet.  It is absurd. 

DSC_0014

We also had flowers and lots of pictures around the house. I jumped at the chance to decorate with hydrangeas and tulips.  It isn’t every day that your baby girl turns one.  Especially at this perfect time of year when the flowers are beginning to bloom!

 

DSC_0018

We also had yummy cupcakes.  I made the cupcake toppers from pink gingham cardstock and “e” and “1st” stamps I had from my crafting days. 

DSC_0022

DSC_0029

Ellie's month by month pictures hanging from the mantle, and a pink gingham bunting banner for extra sweetness!

DSC_0057

DSC_0034

And then there was the sweet little girl. In her pink gingham pinafore, ready to party. She tried to open gifts, but mostly got help from her big bro and his friends.

DSC_0045

The boys stood around and told stories.  Of course!

DSC_0068-2

DSC_0099-2

But she did eat her cupcake! Almost down to the last bite!! Which is more than I can say for Bradley, who found it too disgusting and crumbly to even touch. Ellie might have a sweet tooth like her parents, I think!

DSC_0110

 

DSC_0141

DSC_0147

DSC_0158

DSC_0064

Sweet Elle Belle.  You are a little miracle.  You are more amazing and perfect than I could have ever dreamed.  You were so wanted, dreamed of, and loved before you arrived.  Thank you for letting me be your mommy. 

I love you ellie through and through.  Happy First Birthday!

 

7 comments:

laura said...

love.love.love.
all the pink and gingham cuteness!
what a wonderful celebration!
oh, happy day to ellie!

Lindsay said...

It was such a beautiful party! We all had a blast! Glad some of my pictures turned out for you :-) I know its always hard to get pictures on your own camera during the party you are hosting :-) FYI (now that its too late) Micheal's sells M&Ms by color!

Colleen said...

you did such an adorable job!! love the favors, her shirt and the pictures on the mantle. just so cute!!

Jodee said...

What an adorable birthday girl! Of course, I love all of the little details! You did a fabulous job!

eas said...

wow. her birthday looks so girly and sweet. every little thing is perfect from the flowers to the banner to her shirt! i love all of it!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Ellie! Everything is so sweet! Love her party hat!

aimee said...

Good job, friend! I love it all! Happy birthday, sweet girl.