Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Spiderman Didn’t Stand a Chance

We are finally coming out of our sick patch (knock on wood).  I have never been much a germa-phobic.  I just figured if we were going to get sick, so be it.  I have to admit, after this month I have been washing hands, wiping down, and wiping faces a bit more.  I went to an athletic conditioning class yesterday.  You know the classes where they yell at you to do jumping jacks, squats against the wall, and push-ups.  And just when you think you can’t do any more, you realize that there is still 45 minutes left of class! After class I was much more careful to wash my hands, and sanitize before heading home to the kiddos.  I couldn’t help thinking that someone was sick in class, and I grabbed the sweaty weight after them…yuck!



In the rest of my spare time I have been hiding out in the basement working on curtains for the family room and morning room.  I can’t wait to see them done.  And I can’t get anything else accomplished until they are finished.  Almost every spare moment has been spent working on them.  Good thing I have a million housewives on DVR downstairs. 

I am sewing them in stages, and I think I am going to make a tutorial about sewing lined curtains…my mom is probably laughing right now, because just a few months ago I didn’t know how to work a sewing machine.  I couldn't even turn it on or thread the needle!!

It really is a lot easier than I thought it would be, so I want to share my knowledge!! 

I will leave you with Ellie vs. Spiderman, captured this morning before nap….

DSC_0098

DSC_0095DSC_0099

DSC_0094

I think she won!

Off to sew!!!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOL those pictures are hilarious! Sammy laughed so hard at that picture of Ellie with spiderman! Can't wait to see the curtains!

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to see the curtains! I'm sure they are going to be beautiful. The pictures of Ellie would have only been better if she had her Super Hero cape on. Where did all that hair come from.

Love,
Mom

Penny said...

Hi. I found your blog on my friend Kirsten's blog. I've been reading off and on but this is the first time I have commented. I really like the craft projects you are doing. We just moved into our new home so I want to get some decorations up. PLEASE post about the curtains. We have 2 rooms that need lined curtains and I am teaching myself how to sew on a new sewing machine. Just.Need.More.Time. Take care. Penny

Penny said...

Hi. I found your blog on my friend Kirsten's blog. I've been reading off and on but this is the first time I have commented. I really like the craft projects you are doing. We just moved into our new home so I want to get some decorations up. PLEASE post about the curtains. We have 2 rooms that need lined curtains and I am teaching myself how to sew on a new sewing machine. Just.Need.More.Time. Take care. Penny

Jodee said...

Sweet little Ellie is getting soooo big! I know I have said it before -- but she looks so much like both of you!

Can't wait to see the curtains!

aimee said...

Yes, do post a tutorial! I am getting tired of the curtains I made for our family room and I'm getting the itch to redo them. You might have some new tricks that could come in handy!

amanda said...

poor poor spiderman :)