Monday, February 21, 2011

One of THOoooose Days

DSC_0145

You know the days that just don't go as planned.  You are in a funk and you just can’t shake it. 

You are excited for the weekend, and it goes Ok.  A birthday party, a lunch date with the bestie that you haven’t seen in forever, a trip to babies r us.  All happiness and sunshine.

Sometimes, I don’t know why, but I get in a funk.  I am crabby to Chris.  I run around the house like a maniac, wiping every crumb, cleaning every dish, and complaining about the state of our affairs.  Sweet hubby retracts invitation to go on a nature walk with the kiddos.  Takes him by himself, and leaves me in my funk.  I just have those days sometimes.  I guess the kids do too, so we are all entitled every once in a while.

Then as the fog starts to clear, and I decide that a run in the crisp air is just what I need.  I take off through the neighborhood.  “I’m just going up to the light and back.”  From our door it is 3.1 miles.  perfect run in a short amount of time.  Then a dog on a leash decides he doesn’t like the way I am running, I guess.  He jumps up and bites my arm.  Not kidding.  It really happened.

Everyone is fine.  Arm is bruised, welted up, and sore.  But fine.

I think it mainly scared me, and made me glad that it wasn’t little Ellie in her stroller, or something worse.

One report to the animal control, and all is going to be ok.

But, when it is all said and done, Chris and I both found it pretty funny, that after my moody day even the sweet poodle dog decided he didn’t like me.

Maybe he could tell I was in a funk?

Off now to conquer the never ending playhouse…two walls done, two to go…

send me your crafting juju please!!

7 comments:

amanda said...

i so have those days.

and so so so sorry about the dog! that scares the you know what out of me!! so glad you are ok!

Lindsay said...

eeks on the dog bite.. Kinda crazy who's dog it was! Glad you're okay! Good luck on the house!! I made Sammy a pair of pants yesterday.. they are pretty bad.. but he loves them :-P Next time I will use a pattern!

Colleen said...

I'm sorry Clare - that stinks!! I have those days too and I just hate when they sneak up on you. Hope your arm is ok.

Christy said...

I hate those funks. For me, sometimes they last a week or two and just when I think I can't take it anymore, the fog lifts and life resumes as normal.

Sorry about the dog bite. That stinks.

Jenny said...

Sorry friend...those days are no fun! You did the right thing by going for a run but that is just awful about the dog bite...glad you are okay!

allie said...

oooooh no! i have too, too many days like this. i totally get what you are talking about and i'm sorry! hang in there! those kiddos will be asleep before you know it and tomorrow is a new (hopefully better!) day!

laura said...

oh friend, i think all of us get in those funks...it's part of the mommy territory. the house isn't clean enough, the husband isn't helpful enough...oh, i so hear you. sometimes you just have one of those days...that's why i hit up the spa this weekend! ;)

and then you got BIT BY A DOG!?!?! seriously!!! jeez, girl! thank goodness it wasn't anything worse, or like you said, ellie was in her stroller. glad to hear you are a-o-k! xo!