Thursday, February 10, 2011

Naptime is Craftime {Birdie Wreath}

DSC_0171

I finished this wreath a few weeks ago, and got it hung up (thanks Chris!!).  It is so adorable, and I wanted to share it with you.

DSC_0020


I found the pattern on this awesome website called Spool
You can find the pattern on the right hand side, called Bird Pattern.  I also bought a fabric bundle from them.  I found them here.  They have lots of fun fat quarters, in so many shades.  It was hard to pick!!
Then I made the birds on the sewing machine.  The patter was easy to follow, and it was a great little project for a new sewer like me.
DSC_0014

Then I bought a branch wreath at Joanns.  It was really cheap, maybe $10 or so, and some little pink flowers from Michaels.  I hot glued all of the flowers on the wreath.  I grouped them two or three together, in little patches.

Then I hung up the birdies by sewing a piece of fishing wire through their backs.  Chris and I hung it up over Ellie’s crib using a simple hook and some more fishing wire.  Making the wreath level was a bit tricky, but we figured it out.


DSC_0025

DSC_0028

It is so much better than this cheap mobile I had on her crib, and it goes with her bedding.  She loves it, and gets excited when we walk into her room and see it!

I also finished this sweet little doll for Ellie’s Birthday next month.  What do you think??
I linked up my birdie wreath with these linky parties...

Creations by Kara

13 comments:

Colleen said...

LOVE this!!! Adorable. We have the same crib : )

laura said...

girlfriend - how do you do it all?!?!?! that wreath is AMAZING! you should open an etsy store!

and those pics of ellie! wow! you are having fun with lightroom, huh?!?!?!?!?! you can so see a difference in your photography since you started the class!! amazing! xo!

Jenny said...

i am with laura, you should definitely open up an etsy store..you are so crafty!

love the wreath!

Lindsay said...

oo Love how this turned out!! Its beautiful! Great pictures too! We got our valentine's in the mail today :-)

eas said...

Oh my word your Ellie is precious! i love your wreath and you can tell she does too! inspired!!

Jodee said...

What a fun and creative idea! That turned out sooo cute!

Ellie is absolutely adorable!

aimee said...

Those photos look like they should be in a magazine ;) The wreath is perfect!

Maggie Reno said...

This is so adorable! I am wishing I had a baby girl to make this for.

Jill said...

So cute! I'm featuring this over at womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com.

:) Jill

Clare said...

yay for being featured on women who do it all!

Kim @ Party Frosting! said...

just adorable! (mobile AND baby ;o) Gonna share with my readers as an idea for a "baby bird" baby shower decoration - mamma could take it home afterward!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

Allison said...

Thank you so so so much for adding links to the pattern and helping us create this mobile!
I saw something similar somewhere, but gave up because I am definitely a new sewer and have to have patterns!
Thanks again!

kiki comin said...

love this! what a fun way to bring a little nature into the nursery! SO sweet.:)

kiki
www.kikicreates.blogspot.com