Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Many Hats

 

blue ellie

I thought this blog title was fitting considering the many hats I feel like I am wearing lately.  Trying to remember everything as a mother, and trying to be a great wife, sister, friend, daughter, you get the point.  We all feel pulled at times.  Am I doing enough?

I have been working hard on Ellie’s birthday projects.  I have promised myself that all hand made gifts for her will be done by the beginning of March.  That way I can spend March finalizing the food, cupcakes, and details for the party.  I was on a roll until I started working on her card table playhouse.  It is quite detailed and sucking the craft wind out of me.  I will finish, I will finish!!!

I walked around yesterday with this feeling that I was missing something.  It was a dentist appointment for Bradley.  Whoops.  It feels even worse when the doctor is your friend.  Again, back to the too many hats thing!!

Tonight Chris is going to see his beloved Duke basketball team, and I am off to photography class.  Babysitter here we come!     

DSC_0222

We had a wonderful Valentine’s day here.  Complete with roses, Spiderman backpacks, and hanging hearts.  Bradley was over the moon excited about Heart Day.  Daddy came to school for the big PARTAYYY.  Bradley came home very excited.  A box full of sweet notes from friends will do that to a four year old. 

 

 

DSC_0215

We have had a break in the weather here. Just warm enough to do some of this...

DSC_0228

and some of this...

DSC_0232

Bradley has definitely caught the crafting bug. He is very creative! After riding his plasma car for endless hours around the house, he made this:

DSC_0218

It is a stoplight from the roses box from Valentine's Day. Awesome, isn't it?!

ellie hat

I will leave you with Ellie in her many hats.  She was given the three knit hats from my Aunt Nancy, and the gorgeous hair bow from Aunt Kim.  Kim found it in New Orleans, and I love it!

Good Luck with all of the hats you wear too! 

 

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Adorable hats and I love the headband! I so hear you on the many hats! Love you sis!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are on a roll for this big 1st birthday party!

I love that headband...so cute. I bet you could make that!

Way to be creative Bradley!

Colleen said...

I'm right there with you Clare. Colin's party is this Saturday and I have a bunch of things to finish up. I put so much pressure on myself to make things perfect and that's a hard job!!

Jodee said...

It looks like you are having loads of fun at your house. Cute pictures!

Amanda said...

Cute blog. I am also a huge Duke fan!! New follower, found you on the hop.
http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/

Heather @ Cancer Mommy said...

I totally understand! But, yay for being so crafty! It's fun isnt it!
Love the Spidey backpack. I/Kyler have been coveting it, but I'm to cheap!

laura said...

oooh, this post reminded me that i totally never got back to you on your duke bball ticket questions. i am a serious flake these days, especially when it comes to responding to email. i'll get on that. check your fb email soon.

i sooo hear ya on the many hats! so much to do, so many responsibilities, one mommy getting pulled in so many different directions. thankfully, we all have each other in the blog world to support us! gosh, if we only lived closer....i'll get my husband working on that, seeing as though you live in my favorite place in the whole wide world! ;)

that picture of the hearts and flowers and your kitchen table just make me smile! i love little things like that. i'm sure the kids do too!

and bradley's stoplight - totally awesome!!