Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life and Lightroom

I have been writing this post all day in my head.  It started this morning when I was working out at 6 am by myself in the classes room of the gym.  How much of this blog is for me, but also to share with friends and family.  And then the rest of you wonderful bloggy people that I have gotten to know over the past three years.

There is just so much of life that I want to share with you.  Things the kids do.  Silly pictures I take, just because.

DSC_0141

Recipes I love that I know you might love too.  Stories about driving to pick up Bradley and coming home to view the beautiful mountains when I enter my neighborhood.  This is my life.  And I love it. 

 

DSC_0175

notice the yucky face.  little ellie cannot kick this cold, and her complexion has been so broken out

I am determined to keep updating my “Naptime is Craftime” page  I did it today, see….I even when back and added links to some of my burlap projects. 

I have also started “The Recipe Box” I want to share more of the recipes that we love here.  I always love to make something that comes recommended.  There is nothing worse than slaving over a new recipe to find out that no one in your house likes it (including you!)  I have had this happen a few times, and I hate it!    

We saw The Kings Speech this weekend.  It was awesome.  Go see it!  You know you are a parent of two little ones when date night includes a trip to Harris Teeter sans kiddos.  This is my life.

With photography growing into a bigger and bigger obsession of mine.  I have invested in my camera, and my three different lenses by taking a photography class this winter.  It is being taught by this amazing women.  She photographs, bears, cougars, and wildlife in action.  So inspiring. 

The beginning of class is focusing on shutter speed.  Catching movement.  What better place for me than at the play ground.  We were so lucky to have a beautiful day here before the super bowl on Sunday. 

Shutter Speed vs. The Swing vs. Amateur Photographer

DSC_0219

DSC_0252

DSC_0370

Now that I have a better sense of shutter speed (insert sarcastic laugh), I am moving on to the daunting task of Lightroom 3.  After trying to persuade Chris, I purchased it today.  My free 30 day trial ended on Monday, and I couldn’t upload a thing.  We negotiated that I will never go back to a photographer if I get Lightroom.  I spend a good part of naptime today downloading almost every free preset I could find online (this is why Chris says I can ruin a computer in .02 seconds).  Anyway, I love the program, and I can’t wait to see how it unfolds with my love of photography.

Part of using lightroom is taking the big step, and I started shooting in RAW.  I had no idea what that meant, and I had to do a lot of research to figure it out.  Basically, it means that when I was shooting in jpeg I wasn’t getting all of the pixels that the camera could produce.  Shooting in RAW doesn’t compress your photo in any way.  I’m not sure I fully get, but I did read that most of the presets are for photos shot in the RAW.  So I tried it today….

Eyelashes

DSC_0410

 

DSC_0419

The One Eyebrow

DSC_0414

On the Move

DSC_0425

DSC_0431

 

A New View of the House

DSC_0435

DSC_0436

DSC_0438 

This is our life.  The happy (and the sad parts.)

Naptime is Craftime is tomorrow…Birdie Wreath will be revealed!!!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

oo that last picture of Ellie makes me want to drive over there and pick her up.. you.. cause that wouldn't create a monster or anything like that ;-) They both look so big! Can't wait to see you guys next week! Feel better Ellie!

Annmarie said...

I agree with Lindsay! I too said out loud, "awwwww" (sad face) when I saw the last picture.
Great job with the photos Clare. Those kiddos are going to have quite a life journal with all those beautiful photos.
Miss you all!!
xoxo Annmarie

Colleen said...

Great post! I am dying to see what you do with Lightroom. I haven't tried anything like that yet but would love too.

Jenny said...

I would love to see the mts. with preschool pick up! Your area sounds beautiful.

Love all your pics and can't wait to see this wreath!

laura said...

love. love. love. that pic of ellie in the jumper - wow! i just got lightroom for my birthday! i can't wait to play!!!

aimee said...

do tell more about lightroom! i'm trying to decide what photo editing software to invest in. looking forward to seeing some of your edits!