Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night

DSC_0011

I've been trying to just soak it all up.  The holidays.  The joy.  The excitement.  He makes it pretty easy.

DSC_0017

He is full of never-ending conversations about Santa, his elf on a shelf, Christmas lights, Christmas trees, presents, fun, friends...I hope I never forget how special this Christmas time has felt as a family of four. 

DSC_0006

Our year has been full of some of my most favorite memories, hardest moments as a mother, and I have seen miracles happen right before my eyes.  I sat down the other day and re-read Ellie's birth story.  Wow, just a few months and the memories fade so fast.  Thank you Lord for this beautiful family.  This amazing big brother.  And many blessings that you have given us.  Health.  Family.  A beautiful house to call home.  A new neighborhood that I have fallen head over heals in love with and so so much more.   


DSC_0013

I am also grateful for the memories we have made this year.  This being really the first BIG Christmas at our house.  We have been busy.  Making gingerbread houses.  Gingerbread play dough (so fun!).  Coloring and more coloring Christmas pages. Looking each morning for our Elf and running upstairs to report on his status.  Painting wooden ornaments for an adorable mini tree that lights up a sweet little boy's room--note to self, get a picture!  Opening our advent calendar and counting down the days.  Driving around to see the lights.  Going to see Disney Live with our friends.  Watching Santa Buddies with Mom on the couch.  The list just goes on and on.  I hope he remembers every little detail, because I know I will.  I love you baby boy, and I hope this is the most magical Christmas yet!


DSC_0020-1


DSC_0140-1

I have also been busy hosting.  I threw my first Girls Night Out Cookie Exchange this week.  It was great!  I am going to try and get my act together and have a little bit earlier in the month next year, because a lot of people were out of town that wanted to come.  But the turn out was great, and the cookies delicious. 

DSC_0141-1

Monday night also made me feel so thankful.  Can you tell the theme of this post?  

I was surrounded by some amazing friends that have just filled the pieces of my heart.  I can truly say after living in our town for almost five years, that I have come home.  There will always be those besties stretching from DC to Rhode Island to San Fransico (you know who you are!!).  But I have made my besties here, and they rock.  They love me 100%, my kids, and my family, and there isn't a greater friend than that. 

DSC_0145

They came and held me and cried with me after Ellie was born.  For that I will forever be grateful. 


DSC_0144

I hope my sappiness and joy is leaking right through my blog post straight to your heart!!  Cheers everyone on this Christmas Eve, Eve!  Love to you all!!

DSC_0143-1

Now I am off to stuff my face with the 100s of cookies that were left at my house. Finish wrapping some gifts with my sweet hubby.  And look forward to seeing my sweet babes wake up in their matching gingerbread men PJs on Ellie's first Christmas Eve! 



4 comments:

Colleen said...

Such sweet pictures! So funny as I have been thinking about hosting a cookie exchange next year. Such a fun idea. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Laural Out Loud said...

Merry Christmas, Clare! We are both celebrating our first Christmas with two kids, and it's such a wonderful thing. Though I must say you have it much better than me, with all those cookies! I might have to do an exchange myself next year...

Jodee Leader said...

Hope you have a fun and relaxing Christmas!

Lindsay said...

oo what a wonderful holiday season you had! Bradley's concentration while working on that gingerbread house looks a ton like the concentration of my big sister working on one of her master pieces! Thanks for a wonderful Christmas!