Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Post You Have Been Waiting For...Projects Revealed!!!

I felt like a crazy lady, hunched over the sewing machine for the past week night after night, but finally they are all finished....

DSC_0388

the superhero capes, being modeled by Bradley!  They were actually a lot of fun to work on, and helped me really learn how to sew basic straight stitching.  I wouldn't have been able to finish it without my Mom, thanks Mom!!  First she helped me make one cape so I could figure out what I was doing (and learn how to work the sewing machine!!!) Then she came over on Sunday with her awesome sewing machine and zig zag stitched around every star and every letter.  We were a little sewing team!!! 

DSC_0396

DSC_0385

Another project I just finished are these gloves I made for Bradley.  They were so simple!  I bought the gloves and hat from Old Navy, and then sewed on the felt shark fins, eyes, and rick rack for the mouth.  Bradley has worn them to school a bunch of times.  I also purchased a red set of gloves that I am turning into a dragon.  For Christmas I bought some pink sets that I am going to make for our friends.  Not sure what I will do with those...any ideas?  I was thinking butterflies or flowers??  FYI, I waited for these fleece sets to go on sale, and they were on $6 for the gloves and hat!

DSC_0393

DSC_0364

I saw these "Blessing Rings" on a blog recently and I decided I HAD to make them.  They are SO easy, and I have been wondering what to do with all of the kids cards they received.  Just hole punch the edge of the card and slip in on a  large sized binder ring.  Then I just tied different colored ribbon every once in a while to spice them up!  I made them a little different than the ones I saw by adding their initial out of wood to the front of the ring.  I just bought the wooden initials at the craft store, painted them, and taaa daaa!!  You are done!  I also made a family blessing ring with Christmas cards, but I forgot to snap a picture of it.

DSC_0366

Originally I bought a bunch of burlap to make a cork board (see below).  But I had a lot of leftover burlap, and it is super cheap.  Since I getting more confident with my sewing skills, I zipped it through the sewing machine and tied some ribbons to the end to leave them a little frayed looking....what do you think?  I love it! 

DSC_0370

DSC_0372

I didn't make this chalkboard, I bought it from Etsy, just had to share it with you!  It matches the kitchen cabinets, and is perfect for sweet little notes.  Gobble, gobble!

DSC_0373

I was inspired by this burlap cork board I saw in the Pottery Barn catalog.  It looked so simple, and I decided that I could make it with Chris' help.  We just took a regular cork board and covered it up with burlap.  So fun!!  I love the way it looks in my office craft space....makes me feel inspired!

DSC_0376

DSC_0378

I guess Bradley has been getting in on my crafting action.  He came up with this dog bed idea himself.  He took this old box and asked us to cut a door in it.  After some decorating, it became "Hershey's Dog Bed."


DSC_0380

Doesn't she look comfy??
DSC_0383

My mom and I went to our first knitting class on Monday night.  It was really fun!  I am making a knit hat for Ellie, yay!  I can't wait to learn more:)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

oohh my word all of these are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the capes! Don't worry I didn't show Sammy ;-) The gloves.. speechless they turned out great! The blessings.. super cute! The table runner.. amazing! Cute chalkboard! Love the burlap bulletin board! So cool! Bradley's dog bed so sweet! Love that Hershey dog ;-)

Laural Out Loud said...

Seriously, how do you find the time? Everything is fantastic!

amanda said...

AMAZING!!! all of it. super impressed friend!!

laura said...

girlfriend! where do you find the time?!?!?!?! i am inspired!

those capes are amazing! syd has been calling herself super sydney lately. i think there might be a superhero cape for her in her christmas stocking! and those blessing rings. i've seen them before and love how you added their first name's letter to it. may have to steal that idea!

Christy said...

WOW! I am impressed with your crafty skills!

aimee said...

Love the capes! Good work sewing momma! You are inspiring!