Sunday, November 21, 2010

If At First You Don't Succed, Try, Try, and Try...

An attempt at Christmas card photos...this is our story

change diaper
get children dressed
drive to pond
walk through grass and path with whining four year old
find a good spot to take pictures and...

DSC_0242
"tooooo bright mom"
DSC_0359
"hmmm, let's eat this grass!"


DSC_0257
finally find a better spot, but the grass is still yummy according to ellie


DSC_0270
one child is looking adorable and smiling, the other not so much


DSC_0298
hmmmm, maybe I should accessorize and give them a leaf to play with instead of grass?  cute pictures, but I want to see their adorable faces!

DSC_0291

maybe is they lay down I will get the shot I am looking for...?

DSC_0292





I just don't think my plan is working!

someone really wants the grass again, and someone bigger is trying to stop her...

DSC_0356-1
maybe I will try just individual shots...that's better!

DSC_0326-1
DSC_0318-1

DSC_0309

DSC_0393-1

The best shots ended up back at the house in the front yard with the help of Daddy acting crazy and a container of pez candies...i think we have a winner!

DSC_0385-1



12 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are so cute! I can't wait to see the cards! I hope you'll share them on here :)

Jodee Leader said...

Oh my word! These are just adorable! I especially love the last one!

Ang said...

The photo evidence of your efforts is great!

I saw your pix from the photo shoot on the Lawn on FB -awesome!

Jentifur said...

You just need one with you and your hubby with the kiddos too!

ji said...

So cute...

I laughed when I read your last post b/c you almost described my family... 2-five year olds, a 2-year old, and a 5 month old baby! And yes it IS crazy!!! :)

laura said...

i love it!
and, i totally agree with another commenter...saw your photo shoot on the lawn on fb...WOW! amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

One word: Photoshop.....Dad

aimee said...

Too funny! I love Bradley's moose hat...Gymboree?

Looking forward to the card. Don't you just love Christmas card season? I look forward to the mailman all day long!

Lindsay said...

Not sure how I missed this post! I love the individual shots and you totally got a keeper at the end there! I am telling you its all about the candy bribe!

Christy said...

All of your pictures are cute - even when they aren't smiling at the camera.

amanda said...

my computer must be cranky..i can't see any of the pictures?? will come back later...babes think it's time for naptime to be over :)

amanda said...

wait there they are!!

ADORABLE!!!