Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Guess It is Possible?!

DSC_0315

My best-ist mama friend, Cali had her baby Haven a few weeks ago. With her hubby out of town, I asked her if I could watch the kiddos for the day. It was a sight to see, me pulling away from her house with four kids in the car.  Amalie in the way back, Larken sandwiched between Ellie and Bradley. We trucked down the interstate talking about addresses and if we lived in Africa. The day was a blur, wow, four children is a lot. Cali and I were talking about how it could be possible to have twins, larken and bradley, a two and a half year old, Amalie, and a baby. Moms have the craziest jobs in the world!  We had a blast together, lots of playing with "boy toys" like...

DSC_0357

baseball!!

DSC_0354

DSC_0362

Then some crafts were in order...do you remember these iron peg crafts?  I did them as a kid and Bradley loves them!

DSC_0360

DSC_0338

Then off to take the jeep for a spin

DSC_0341

Wow, time flies.  I remember Cali and I walking our old neighborhood with Larken and Bradley as babies.  Just brand new moms trying to figure this all out.  Now we have five kids between the two of us!  They are growing up fast!!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Way to go..not sure I could handle four at one time!
It is great that you have a mom friend that you confide in and share some great memories with.

Andi Gabor said...

Cali's girls are lovely! They look just like her! Looks like you guys had a blast! Very brave of you, Clare! :)

Lindsay said...

What a wonderful friend you are! Looks like everyone had a blast :-)

Laural Out Loud said...

I feel the same way when I watch my friends' kids. Sometimes I have six! I'm so thankful to have such a small brood when they all go home, lol (though we have a good time when we're all together).

Ang said...

Yikes! That's giving me visions of the twins being older and each having a friend over! I hope they will all play together as beautifully as your and Cali's kiddos do! You can tell they are going to be dear friends for life. :)

Gina said...

Liam has loved his perler bead projects for the last 18 months. I wonder if he'll ever grow out of them. He does projects for hours sometimes.