Friday, August 20, 2010

Four Months Plus...

DSC_0005
Seriously I need to get my act together with posting about this growing baby girl!! She will actually be five months on Wednesday the 25th...

I cannot get over this baby's adorable face! She is definitely filling out, and her little cheeks and arms are to die for. She has rolls EVERYWHERE!!! I could just eat them up with a spoon!
DSC_0011
The drooling has recently started, and it is so funny! She is blowing bubbles, babbling, shrieking, and just making new noises almost every single day. Bradley seems to get the most noises out of her. She will giggle for him and talk to him the most. It is adorable! Tummy time is getting better, and she can roll from her belly to her back really easily now. She is no where close to sitting up on her own, although Bradley was doing it at this age. It is amazing how different they all are!

DSC_0010

DSC_0020
I bought her a "Sophie" giraffe!!! It is an older toy that has made a huge comeback. It is made of all natural rubber, and it perfect for chewing and teething little babies. I brought it home, and the babysitter said, "Oh, it is a dog toy for babies!" Why yes, a $25 dog toy for my sweet Ellie! She actually really likes it. She will chew away on the legs and get drool all over the place! Everything you hand her goes straight into her mouth.

DSC_0053
I feel like every day she is learning something new, growing out of her clothes, or babbling a new sound. It is happening so fast, and it is so hard to keep up with her. I recently bought her this little toy for tummy and floor time. It rolls too, so it is perfect for when they start to crawl around. She LOVED it the second I brought it home. I haven't really gotten her much besides clothing, so it is nice to have a new toy that is just Ellie's.


DSC_0073
Here she is rolling on her side to get the little bug and make the music play.


DSC_0069
Look at that grip, this child will hold onto anything! Including my hair at 4 in the morning when I am feeding her, ouch!

DSC_0078
She is SO close to rolling all the way over, BUT


DSC_0079
this is as far as she will go! She actually has started sleeping on her side for most of her naps and at night. I lay her down on her back, but she usually rolls onto her side and sleeps away. I am ready for her to start rolling completely. No more laying her down anywhere...we will have to be careful where we put her!


DSC_0083

Not much has changed with her feeding and napping schedule. Right now I am still feeding her every three hours. She is definitely growing, A LOT! She is currently wearing 9 month clothing if it is one piece and six month clothing if it has separates. I know I started to transition Bradley to every four hours around this age, but I don't think she is ready quite yet. She has done some 3 1/2 hour stretches during the day, but that is it. Napping is still hit or miss. I keep telling myself that it will fall into place here soon. She puts herself to sleep in an instant, but will sometimes only nap for 45 minutes. So frustrating! I have gotten some 1 1/2 hour to 2+ hour naps in the past two weeks, so I think they are on the horizon. Just recently I have started to let her cry if she wakes up after 45 minutes, and she will sometimes go back to sleep. Hopefully we will be doing three solid naps a day soon!

She is still doing GREAT at night! She was amazing at the beach, and has slept some 12 hour stretches at night. Most nights she sleeps from 7 until 4 or 5 am. I will nurse her at 4 or 5 and she will often sleep until 7:30 or later. I will usually wake her up by 7:30, just so I can start the day at the same time and get all of her feedings in. She is doing awesome with taking a bottle now. She recently started taking 7 1/2 ounces from the babysitter.

I feel like I have come into a wonderful time with Ellie. Bradley is doing so great with her, and she is just a lot of fun to have around the house. She LOVES to go for walks, and we have been walking in the stroller almost every day if it isn't too hot. Bradley starts school next week, so it will be great to have some one on one time with her in the mornings.

I love you sweet, sweet girl!!!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

oohh my goodness she has changed so much in the last few weeks! I can't wait to see her in person.. hopefully we can this weekend! Are her eyes changing colors!!??!! They look beautiful in these pictures!

Christy said...

I think when they are little, you either have a good napper and a horrible night sleeper or a good night sleeper and a horrible napper. Or in my case, horrible nappers and horrible night sleepers!

Babies are tough. But they change so fast. In a few more months, she'll be doing something completely different.

aimee said...

Finn had a Sophie the giraffe, too, but Quigley and Harlow kept stealing it. I finally got tired of trying to teach them that it wasn't their toy, so ours really did turn into a $25 dog toy. Whoops! Ellie is gorgeous. Wish we lived closer so we could have a play date. Miss you!

P.S. I gave you a million points on the sleep post on my blog ;)

Krystyn said...

What a super sweetie! I can't believe how big she is already. They grow up way too fast.

laura said...

look at those pictures! gorgeous! and the ruffle butt...swoon!

gotta love the drool...i swear, we are changing outfits every 2 hours around here.

amanda said...

happy four plus months sweet girl!!

ps totally going to get that giraffe - have been eyeing it lately :)