Friday, August 27, 2010

And the Little One Said, Roll Over, Roll Over

DSC_0145

This little bundle of cuteness has learned a new trick....you guessed it, she is rolling over!!  I put her to bed on Tuesday night, and I heard a lot of fussing (which often isn't unusual for her).  But, then the cries started to sound like panic, so I switched on the monitor and couldn't believe my eyes.  She was on her belly in the crib having an absolute meltdown.  She was screaming, "Help, I've rolled over and I can't get back!!!!"  So I quickly went upstairs and put Ellie back on her side and she went right to sleep.  But I woke up to her fussing at six in the morning, and there she was right back on her belly.  

Almost as if on cue, I brought her downstairs and this is what she did the second I placed her on the floor.  It was like she wanted to show me..."Look what I learned how to do last night Mommy!!!!"  The picture above is Ellie thinking about rolling then.... 


DSC_0146
Ok, I am going to do it!

DSC_0147
Here I go!!

DSC_0148
This is so hard!!!

DSC_0150
Yes, I did it again!!!

DSC_0143
I am so smart and awesome!!!  Look at me everyone!!!

I agree Ellie, you are so smart little girl!!  So every nap and at night she has rolled right onto her belly and fallen fast asleep.  I guess we have a little tummy sleeper now!

I haven't wanted to jinx it, so I haven't blogged much about our awesome nap trend we have going on.  But, I think we have completely turned the corner with naps.  For this entire week Ellie has started feeding every 3 1/2 to 4 hours, and taking HUGE naps.  I am talking HUGE long naps that just make Mommy happy.  

Yesterday she woke up at 7:30, had a morning nap from 9:30-11:45, and an afternoon nap from 1:15-3:15, and then a late evening nap from 4:30-5:15.  I cannot believe that we are actually here with sleep.  It feels amazing!  When Bradley was at school I was able to do my weight routine, clean and vacuum the basement, and take a shower before she started waking up.  It was great!

She is officially five months old and doing something new every day.  Time is flying by all of the sudden with her!  So proud of you little rolly polly baby girl!


7 comments:

paige said...

yay!!!
good job baby girl

love the new look of your new blog
xo

Lindsay said...

aww good job Ellie!! She looks adorable in her pink diaper :-)! Tell her Aunt Lindsay is so proud :-) Love you guys!

laura said...

oooh, happy new blog!!

hip hip hooray on the rolls! benjamin has started sleeping much better since he started rolling to his tummy to sleep. we're not good by any means yet...but better. baby steps. :)

how are you liking cloth diapers? i've contemplated...

Katie said...

Glad to see you are doing well. It is so fun to check your blog as Ellie is just a bit older than Gabe (Aprul 4). I am so hoping we turn a corner soon! Ellie's schedule looks marvelous!

amanda said...

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.

time really does go so fast doesn't it??

3 Peanuts said...

You go girl She look so cute and so proud!

Gina said...

Very fun milestone! What sweetheart. That last photo is so perfect, Clare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!