Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In Love with the Lake

We are so lucky to have my parents right down the road! They have the most amazing house right on the water, and we have spent a lot of summer days playing at the beach and on the boat. It is amazing what a years time will do...

I remember Memorial Day last year. I had just finished six months of fertility treatments and was taking a break. In a few weeks I was going to have surgery to look for endometriosis, and try to find out what was going on with me. Fast forward a year, and we are at the lake with two kids!

I did spent part of Memorial Day feeling torn about that. Bradley is so much fun right now. He loves to play and swim in the water, and he can do so many fun things. Little Ellie needed me, and spent a lot of her day sleeping in the pack n play in Gigi and Pop Pop's room. It is tough having two! You want to be with both!

Chris and I took turns with Ellie so we could both play in the water with Bradley. Bradley and I took the kayak out for a spin. I was worried about Bradley's attention span, so we didn't venture too far. But, he was the quietest I have ever seen him while we were riding. He just let his little hands float in the water, and thought it was awesome. We talked about all of the cool stuff we saw, ducks, boats, dogs, and waves. He is just at the best stage right now, I love it!

DSC_0183

DSC_0177

These two boys were two little peas in a pod. They have really grown to love each other so much, and are starting to play really nicely together. Sammy might love the water even more than Bradley! Here they are 'fishing' with their noodles.

DSC_0141

Bradley finally decided to take the plunge on his first ever tube ride! He wouldn't go near it last year. Sammy was already a seasoned veteran, and was all smiles.

DSC_0138

Getting ready to leave!

DSC_0152



DSC_0162


DSC_0164

They actually went pretty fast!

DSC_0181

Sweet Ellie actually had sort of a rough day. She had a hard time napping, and just getting settled. She was quite a handful by the time we got home. But, she is starting to sleep for longer and longer stretches at night...more on that later (I don't want to jinx it!)

6 comments:

amanda said...

oh what i wouldn't give for a lake house...

someday friend. someday :)

looks like a blast was had by all!!

ps - ellie is getting sooo big!!

Christy said...

WOW! You are one lucky girl. Looks like everyone had a good time. I am jealous:)

Jodee Leader said...

Lake life is the best! It looks like you had a blast. Cute pictures!

Ellie is just adorable!

Shawna&Co. said...

Hi! I found your blog through Jodee. I just have to say how adorable your kiddos are! We go to Canada on vacation every year and I remember that first year with two. It puts a whole different sping on "vacation" :) It is hard adjusting to two let alone on vacation when everything gets messed up. It looks like you had a great time though!!! And I promise it does get easier!

laura said...

oooh, so so fun! and so special to have them close by too. what i wouldn't give to live near my parents!!

i love that shot of bradley and sammy! what fun to grow up with a cousin so close in age!!

and ellie - adorable! she needs to teach benny a thing or two about sleeping!!

Lindsay said...

aww loved these pictures! I didn't take my camera out much so I'm glad you got some good shots! I am going to steal some.. okay?