Monday, June 28, 2010

Home Sweet Home

DSC_0393

Tomorrow we will be in our new house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally took this picture on Thursday. This was as close as I could get to the house with my car because there were so many people working in front of it. There are still a lot of lose ends that Chris is frantically trying to tie up today and Tuesday morning. He is amazing! The sod gets laid today and the cleaners are coming through today and tomorrow morning before we arrive with the moving van. Talk about timing!

I am beyond excited and a bit nervous about getting everything done between now and then. The rental house is mostly packed. We still have a few items in the master bedroom to go through and the wardrobe boxes to fill up. Bradley is staying with his Grandma until the first part of the move is finished.

The movers will move us out of the townhouse tomorrow. On Thursday they are going to bring all of our items from storage (over 500 things!). I'm not sure where everything is going, but we will figure it out. Chris and I spent most of Sunday at the new house. We took over all of the kitchen items we had at the townhouse. I cleaned out all of the cabinets and put everything away. We brought the pack n' play and Ellie took a nap in her new house! Chris ran around like a mad man and hung up all of the blinds in the bedrooms upstairs. We even got all of Ellie's curtains hung. I didn't bring my camera, but pictures will be coming soon!

Here are some photos I took on Thursday morning. For some reason my flash didn't work very well.

DSC_0399

the back splash in the kitchen

DSC_0397
the shower door was hung


DSC_0404
the stamped concrete patio went in


DSC_0402

all of the paint was completed, too! I was rushing around so the pictures aren't great. I will do a detailed photo shoot once we are in there;)

And just for fun....

DSC_0389

Little Ellie in her brother's pirate hat! She was hamming it up for the camera! I need to sit down and do a three month post on Ellie. I can't believe she is three months!

I didn't blog much last week because I think I was on the verge of a breakdown with her. She caught another cold and had Chris and I up from 1am till sometimes 4am on and off for over six nights. It was terrible. Once she was feeling better she was still sleeping horribly. So, last Wednesday I had a breakdown and a breakthrough with her. I will fill you in soon about "The Death of the Swaddle" at our house. We have made it through on the other side, but I wasn't sure we were going to survive!

10 comments:

amanda said...

oh clare i am so excited for you! i feel like once you guys get in there your little life can finally find normal again :)

the pictures look amazing and i can't wait to see more!

until then take lots of deep breaths and even more cute pics of that little sweetie :)

Lindsay said...

ahhhh the house looks amazing! Do you need help tomorrow? I probably could get Tim's Mom to watch Sammy and I could come help!

Jenny said...

it looks amazing! i can't wait to see more pictures!

The Devols said...

the house looks gorgeous! i am so excited for you to move in and get settled! good luck!

laura said...

the house - awesome! so excited for you guys!

ah, i think all us new mommys of baby #2 are on the verge of breakdowns these days...it's so good to know we're not alone. i have to keep remembering - i will sleep in longer than 2 hour increments again. it won't be like this for long.

hugs to you!
good luck tomorrow!

Katie said...

Looks beautiful, Clare! Can't wait to see it (and you!) in person soon!!
So sorry to hear Ellie has had some issues with sleeping and sickness. This too shall pass. I can honestly say that these past 9 months with two children have been some of the hardest for me. Trying to remember that it is just a season that will be gone so quickly! Hang in there, friend!

Jodee Leader said...

I am soooo excited for you! Your house turned out fabulous! Chris is sooo talented!

Hope Ellie is feeling better soon!

Courtney said...

What an exciting time for your family. The house is beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest of it. Happy Moving Day!

Christy said...

WOW! I am way jealous. Your new house is beautiful.

laura said...

just checking in...hope unpacking is moving along!!