Monday, May 3, 2010

They Screwed It Up!!!

Chris and I were in total disbelief on Friday night when the doctor called. UVA entered in the wrong code for Ellie's blood, therefore causing the Mayo Clinic to run the wrong test. They accidentally tested her 'galactose' build-up. Which fell into the normal range. We already knew that from the other two state tests. Chris and I were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO upset on Friday night. I just laid my head on the kitchen table and started sobbing. How in the world is all of this happening to us and our little sweet girl??

We had to go BACK to UVA on Saturday morning and have more blood drawn from Ellie. She was not happy. The second they put the band around her little arm she started screaming. It was like she knew what was about to happen to her. They tried two different times to get her blood and finally they were successful. Horrible. Just horrible. She slept for over three hours after we got home...probably because she cried for almost an hour straight.

Now we have to wait until Wednesday at the earliest for an answer. Most likely Thursday. I have been feeding her every other feeding now. She won't take a bottle from me anymore, she puts up quite a fight. She isn't the little peanut newborn, she is aware of what is going on. She wants Mommy. It is heart breaking to see.

Trying to just get through these next few days as best we can. Still waiting and worried sick.

10 comments:

Jolanthe said...

I'm so sorry Clare!!! Still praying!

Lindsay said...

grrr.. you know I feel about this! Give me a call when you have some free time tonight! I love you! Also let me know if you want me to come over sometime this week!

Jenny said...

Oh Clare...I am so sorry that you have to go through this and that sweet little Ellie has to go through all this. Hopefully you will get the results sooner!

laura said...

i mean, seriously, people! i feel as if i have to apologize for my beloved alma mater's royal screw up! come on, medical profession! get your act together!

so sorry you are still waiting and worrying . . . so sorry that sweet ellie had to go through more blood work!

thinking happy, healthy thoughts for you today!

Kristy K said...

I'm sorry your family has to go through this :(. How awful for your sweet baby girl. Im saying a prayer for her (and you guys) right now!

Jodee Leader said...

Bless her little heart. So sorry to hear this. Hang in there!

Krystyn said...

Oh, honey...this makes me just so sad. I will be thinking about you all.

amanda said...

seriously friend? seriously?? i am so beyond sorry.

just so very sorry.

sending lots of happy thoughts to you and not so nice thoughts to the not so nice people that messed up!!

3 Peanuts said...

So sorry you are going through all of this Clare. I do know how hard it all is...both Will and Harry had major health issues as babies. Pray. breathe and pray. God made Ellie exactly how He intended to and she will be fine.

Harry cannot have any milk (or soy...soy really isn't healthy for anyone) He was on a formula called Neocate
http://www.neocate.com/aaa_neocate/1128-neocate-home-page.html

He is small but he is SMART (the smartest in his class) and funny and athletic and PERFECT. Ellie will be fine. PLEASE try not to worry.

I am praying for peace for you all.

Hugs,
Kim

Christy said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you have to deal with all this.