Thursday, April 15, 2010

World Wind

DSC_0330

It seems that the weeks are flying by now that we are home and are getting settled into life with two kiddos. Or maybe I am just so sleep deprived that the days are all blurring together right now. Ellie is three weeks old, and a little rock star. The doctor came over to check her weight again (yes, he is one of the last doctors to make house calls), and she jumped from her birth weight last Monday, 7 lbs. 2 oz. to 7 lbs. 13 oz. in a weeks time! I was elated! She also stopped wanting the bottle after her feedings, and has just been nursing. That has really cut down on my time spent feeding this little babe!

We have had some REALLY tough nights and some great ones. I guess this is just the unpredictable life with newborns. You know you are tired when you don't clean up any dishes from dinner and go straight to sleep at 7 pm...I did feel somewhat refreshed when she woke me up at 9:30, it is amazing what 2 1/2 hours of sleep will do. I am just looking forward to our first 6 or 7 hour stretch. I will be one happy lady!

DSC_0331

I already feel like she is on the go WAY more than Bradley. I don't think I left the house for weeks at a time when he was this age. My first trip out of the house was to the grocery store at about three weeks, and it totally overwhelmed me. This little lady has been to the playground a number of times, the park, preschool, the little gym, explorations studio, birthday parties, my parent's house, and the list goes on. I cringe to think about the time she will be spending in her car seat in the upcoming year. Is this the life of the second child?

Bradley is adjusting really well in the past week now that life has gotten back to normal. In the afternoons I will put Ellie down for her nap and have little play dates with him. Hopscotch is our new favorite game in this house! He even went through the drop off line at preschool this morning for the first time. He was very excited about the whole process! Getting out the car on his own, remembering his back pack, walking in with his teacher instead of Mommy...fun stuff!

DSC_0221

I haven't gotten a chance to do a post about Easter or our new house. The second floor is going up as I type this, yipee!! But, I hope to get to that sometime soon...after the baby has been fed, laundry done, wipe containers refilled, trash taken out, being 'at home' is a lot of work! Here are some adorable pictures we took on Easter Sunday just hanging out around the house...

DSC_0254

Family!!

DSC_0238

Daddy's little girl!

DSC_0237



DSC_0249

Super yawn! She already looks so much bigger to me!


7 comments:

Amanda said...

Sweet Sweet Children!
Sounds like you are all settling into a routine already.
Hope you get lots more sleep soon!
l,
Amanda x

amanda said...

first of all i am just loving all the cuteness!! there is pink in your world friend - sooo fun!!

and second of all, i was just thinking about this a few weeks back - how number two will be out at target waaay before beans ever made her first trip. i think life with number two must me sooo different. i guess thankfully they don't know any better :)

Lindsay said...

aww love all of thoes pictures! It sounds like its been a total whirl wind for you guys! I am so glad Ellie is gaining weight and looking cuter and cuter each day! That picture of you, Bradley and Ellie Bradley looks just like Dad to me! Love the Easter outfits!

Courtney said...

She is adorable. Hopefully she will start sleeping more soon. Love Bradley's Easter outfit!

Jodee Leader said...

It's so fun to see "pink" in your pictures! Sounds like things are going great! I love the Easter pictures! Bradley looks sooo handsome!

Jenny said...

All...such wonderful pictures! It sounds like you are adjusting so well to having the two kiddos now.

I love all her pink outfits...so cute!

laura said...

look how big she is getting?!?! love that outfit!

you are so right - we are so much more on-the-go with #2 than with #1...and we're still being extra careful to keep ben "quarantined" a little bit longer. like you said, the life of a 2nd child...always in the car seat!

can't wait to hear about the new house!!