Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today Is A New Day

Yesterday was a rough day in mommyhood. Thankfully I have an amazing husband that comes home from work early to take the kids on a 'nature' walk. Can you picture Chris tromping around the neighborhood with Ellie in the Eurgo carrier?? Well, he was! I should have snapped a photo, but I didn't have the energy for pictures yesterday. Luckily, today is much smoother. Both children have been great!



Ellie slept for five hours and didn't wake up to eat until 3 am, and was back down until almost 7 am!! I learned my lesson from yesterday, and I put her down for her second nap in her car seat. She slept to and from the little gym without a problem!! Both children were fed and asleep/resting at the same time this afternoon. This mommy is on a roll! I actually ate some lunch in peace and quiet. I know I am going to have to roll with punches these days. Some days will fall together nicely, and other days we will just be off. I am such a routine person, this baby part is hard when there isn't a schedule quite yet. I like to wake up and know what my day is going to be like. Unfortunately three week old babies have other plans!



On to more exciting news....we went to visit our house last weekend!! Of course Chris has been there almost everyday working, and I have been getting updates at home. I was so anxious to get over to see it! The first and second floor were completely framed on Saturday (now the basement and the garage are completed this week). It was so fun to walk through something that Chris and I put together on paper. It is similar to his model, but we have made a lot of changes to the first floor and the bedrooms. Bradley was so much fun while we were there. Even without any walls, just wood, he was able to figure out where everything was. We showed him where his room was and he ran around it so excited!

DSC_0364


Here he is on the front porch! It was so weird while we were driving to see the house. I had some vivid memories of going with my Dad to work on our house when I was three years old. My Dad was able to do some work on our childhood home while it was being constructed. I remember going there with him and a pack of bubalicious gum and sitting on the plywood floors while he worked. I wonder if Bradley will remember these moments?!

DSC_0354

This is my room mama!

DSC_0356

I cannot wait to move in!!


9 comments:

amanda said...

happy new day friend :) so glad today is better! you deserve it!!

and the house? oh i just can't wait to come over!! it's going to be amazing!!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Hi Clare,

First off... Congratulations! Ellie is absolutely beautiful. I just spend the last few minutes reading through your last month's blog posts to catch up. Wow, what a scary start you had with Ellie. Although it looks as though everything is going well for her now. I'm so happy to see that.

And all of the sudden Bradley looks so big with his baby sister on his lap. When did that happen? I didn't think it's been that long since I checked in with you!

Try to rest when you can. As my memory recalls, those first six weeks can be brutal from the lack of sleep and routine!

Oh... and your new house looks like its going to be gorgeous. So exciting!

laura said...

oh my goodness, girlfriend...the fact that you are even trying to get your 3 week old on a schedule is inspiring! i need to get on the ball - that said, i have a 6 week old going on a 2 day old! haha!

love the bradley pics! he looks so excited for his new room!!

Lindsay said...

oo what fun pictures! Glad today was a new day for you!! Love ya! Let me know if you need some help one afternoon.. The house is coming together! WOW!!

paige said...

i know there are days when you are so tired & then there are days when you feel on top of the world.
the new home....how exciting!!
you are in one of my most favorite stages of life
praying all is fantastic for you
xo

Chelle said...

Oh, honey, so happy today is going better. Those hard days...well, they are really, really hard. But the good days? Are really, really amazing.

email me or msg me on Facebook anytime you need to vent. Or cry. Or scream. I promise I'll listen--and/or let you yell at me :)

xoxo

Jodee Leader said...

Cute building pictures! I can't wait to see your house! You and Chris have fabulous taste!

Remember to sleep when Ellie sleeps! Hang in there!

Amanda said...

Tiredness is the worst part of having a newborn, remember those days well!
Your house will be great when it's all finished.

Jenny said...

i can only imagine what it is like with 2 kiddos now...you are so right...babies have a time schedule all on their own. but so happy to hear that you had some mommy time!
who knew lunch could be so nice by ourselves...right?
can't wait to see all the pictures from your new house!