Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dear My Sleeping Beauty

sweet pea two

Dear Ellie,

We are so in love with you. Just looking at the pictures of you today, I feel like I have known you all my life. I can't wait for you to grow up into an adorable little girl, and yet I want you to stay this way forever. You are so peaceful and patient. We are tired, like all new parents. But, I am trying so hard to just soak you in. Enjoy the moment. Be thankful for your health. Be thankful for our little family of four at home together.

Your little noises make my heart sing. When you are sleeping soundly you do a little baby purr. It is the cutest thing on the planet. You are showing us little bits of your personality. You have decided you don't like to be swaddled, or bathed, or given a pacifier. You love to be rocked, cuddled, and kissed. When you wake up you do the most elaborate stretching routine I have ever seen. You start with your arms, then you stretch out your legs, and then start the routine again. It goes on for quite some time, and it is the funniest thing.

You love to listen to your big brother when he is around. Every morning he runs into the room and asks, "How is Baby Ellie doing Mommy?" You will forever have someone to watch out for you, beat up bullies, and hold your hand on the way to school. He loves you so much!

These moments pass by so quickly. I know that now from your big brother. I just blinked and he was crawling and then walking and talking. I am trying to kiss you every chance I get, which already feels like too few. I am learning the balance of raising two children. I hope you will understand! I love you so much my sweet Ellie Clare.

Love your mama

sweet pea one

These pictures were taken by an amazing local photographer, Amy with Sweet Pea Photography. Here is her blog post about our photo shoot. I don't know how I will ever choose a favorite!!

14 comments:

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I can't believe I missed all these last posts!!! Praise God Ellie is her and safe and sound now :)
She is beautiful!

Courtney said...

The pictures are adorable. She sounds like a very peaceful baby after a rocky start. Enjoy every moment!

laura said...

oh clare!!! i saw these on facebook and almost cried! too adorable! i love love love love them! what a fabulous photographer who captured the beauty of your "sleeping beauty"!!! gorgeous!

anna said...

beautiful baby. beautiful words. beautiful family.

Jenny said...

Clare...the pictures are utterly amazing...such a beautiful little girl you have. Sounds like Bradley loves being a big brother!

Lindsay said...

Such a sweet letter to such a sweet little girl! Bradley is a great big brother and I totally love the baby noises Ellie is making! The pictures turned amazing!!

Amanda said...

I'm so happt that you are all home now!
Ellie is beautiful. And you are looking great too!

paige said...

these are all SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
oh my goodness clare, she is such a gorgeous baby girl!
i've been following your updates but each time you post , i'm at work & can't leave comments due to the security on my work computer.
she is soooooooo precious!!!
i'm so happy for you
bless you sweet friend
xo

amanda said...

pretty sure you are going to have to order one of each honey - these are precious!!

so sooo happy for you friend :)

Krystyn said...

I just love them all! So sweet.

Jodee Leader said...

What a sweet post for your new baby girl. I love these newborn pictures! You will cherish them forever!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Clare...they are gorgeous photos but it is your words that really touch my heart. You will be SO glad you wrote this because time flies and you will forget all of this so soon.

Kim

Debbie said...

Clare - I saw these pics on Facebook too and I am in love with them! I read read your letter to Ellie and am crying! What a wonderful momma you are - and what a beautiful, perfect baby girl! Couldn't be more happy for you!!

Gina said...

You are such a wonderful mother, Clare. That photo is so gorgeous. Glad you got some professional ones done... you'll always love looking at them.

HUGS