Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Prayers for a Friend

I'm not sure if you have ever visited The Land of Syd (and baby 2.0) on my sidebar, BUT she needs our thoughts and prayers right now. Laura and I have known each other since high school. If all my stuff wasn't in storage right now, I could probably dig up a picture of us together dressed up for homecoming or prom. Although we went to different colleges, I was usually updated through friends how she was doing. Through facebook and blogging we were reconnected. When I wrote about my pregnancy on my blog Laura wrote me the sweetest email on facebook. She truly is a great person!

Sweet Laura has a wonderful little girl, Syndey, and a baby boy on the way. She just commented about being exactly two weeks behind me, and every time I blogged about Ellie coming she got excited for herself too! Well, Laura went through a night of hell Monday night. She and baby 2.0 are doing OK as of now. But, please check on their blog and say a little prayer for them!

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about how scary her ordeal must have been. How lucky we all are to have beautiful babies at home and a healthy family. Life is so fragile, and the gift of pregnancy is a miracle in itself. As these last few weeks of my pregnancy draw to a close, I will be sure not to complain about the heartburn or aching feet. Baby Ellie is bouncing around and happy. I can't wait to meet her, but a few more weeks won't hurt!

We're all thinking of you Laura! Stay strong!!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I read this on Laura's blog yesterday and was so scared for her! You are right these pregnancies you have are so special and fragile. I will certainly be praying for her and 2.0 :-)

Jenny said...

Going to check out her blog now. Pregnancy and bringing another life into this world is definitely a gift and super precious.

Thoughts and prayers sent her way...

amanda said...

i literally had a mini heart attack when i saw her post in my reader. sooo scary. but sooo glad she and baby 2.0 are hanging in there!

laura said...

this is the sweetest thing ever, claire! thank you, thank you, thank you for the supportive and encouraging words!

Jaime said...

Its scary isnt it!? I talked to Laura briefly this morning and she sounded very upbeat and positive. That little man of hers is a fighter - all is going to be well. :)

-Jaime

Mc Allen said...

aww, ok, Im going to pop over and check it out. Sounds like you have a very close friendship... what a blessing. xoxo Leah

Chelle said...

Going over there asap. xo