Friday, March 12, 2010

Ellie Belly

Chris and I have gotten in the habit of calling Ellie Clare, Ellie Belly...seems fitting, right?

Well, I wanted to update about the pregnancy. I will be 37 weeks on Monday, whew!! Time is flying here at the end, I can't believe it! I had my check-up this week, and things are progressing quickly. I know I have posted about the possibility of having a VBAC, but it isn't a priority. Bradley's birth was really scary and an emergency c-section is never what you hope for. BUT, this little girl is showing signs of coming into the world her own way too! Bradley never really engaged, and even when I went to the hospital to be induced I wasn't doing A THING...LITERALLY!! With how large he was, I was definitely a prime candidate for a c-section looking back. Well, Ellie Belly is measuring right on track. In the last few appointments I have actually lost a few pounds. She is already at +2 station, the doctor could feel her head!! Wow!! I was 40% effaced, and a few fingertips dilated! I was never this far, even after an entire day of being induced with Bradley. The OB said that for a patient considering a VBAC, I was in very good condition. I am just taking the information as it comes, and we will see what happens with this little girl. I have been having a lot of braxon hicks, some that will take my breath away in the evenings. Again this is nothing that I experienced last time so it is all new to me!


With all of that information from my appointment, the nesting has kicked into super drive!! I have cleaned out the fridge, organized all of the kitchen cabinets, typed out directions to Bradley's school and activities for the grandparents to take over, etc. etc. I have little projects for Chris when he gets home from work, and I just know he LOVES it!! haha! I think we are getting there, just a few last minute things still left to take care of. Chris is getting the car detailed next week, and then we are putting in the car seats for both kids. That will be weird!! I have started to pack a bag for the hospital. I purchased some new comfy things to wear there and in the weeks after I get home. I have washed some things for Ellie for the first few weeks, and they are all folded in her drawers. I just can't wait to meet this little lady.

In addition to Ellie, I have been trying to get things ready for Bradley too! He has grown out of a lot of his clothes! So, I have spent the past few weeks buying him new shoes, jeans, raincoats, and anything else I think he will need to get into the spring/summer weather. I have been preparing for all of the upcoming birthdays and holidays too. I just bought these...


DSC_0219

for Easter! I think they are so darling, and I can't wait to fill them up! The Easter bunny already got Bradley a new Peter Pan movie (we have been borrowing Cali's for a while), and all of the Peter Pan figurines. I think a few Go Diego Go toys will complete the basket! My girlfriend Lauren just dropped off this for Ellie yesterday...

DSC_0240

Isn't it amazing?!! I can't wait to hang it up in her new room! And, I can't believe I will have a little girl to put bows in her hair?!! It is still so exciting to think about!


Anna, Mom, and Dad

My best friend Lori had her little girl Wednesday night...Anna May! Congrats to them, and I can't believe our little girls will be so close in age. Chris said looking at their pictures from the hospital got him so excited.

Well, that is all of our craziness over here! We'll just have to wait and see how and when Ellie Belly will be making her appearance!!!


7 comments:

laura said...

so soon! so soon!!!
so excited for you!!!

Lindsay said...

those easter baskets are so so so cute! The hair bow holder is adorable as well! Lori looks so great holding that baby girl!!

amanda said...

love the name ellie belly :) too cute!

i can't believe you are 37 weeks!! honey it's almost time!!

hope you have a relaxing weekend :)

Chelle said...

Yay for 37 weeks! I cannot believe you are in the final days--wow!

I grinned when I saw you cleaned out the fridge and cabinets...I did the same thing around a week before I went into labor with Madelyn :)

And congrats to your friends! What a beautiful family!

xo

Jenny said...

love the name ellie belly! so sweet...

you definitely sound prepared and ready for your little girl to make her appearance...

Jodee Leader said...

Holy cow! Time flies! I can't wait to see your sweet Ellie Belly!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Any day now!!! Can't wait to see Ellie :)