Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Countdown is On!!

Ellie Belly will be making her appearance next week!! I still have my fingers crossed that it might be sooner, but I am not holding my breath. I had my 38 week check-up yesterday, and not much has changed. She is content in her spot, and my body hasn't made any major signs that labor will be taking place soon.

The doctor and I discussed all of my different birth choices. I think that I am making the best decision I can. My options are to continue waiting, and see what happens. But given my past birthing history (a late and BIG baby), waiting probably isn't the best option. The longer I keep waiting the bigger the Ellie will get. Therefore, making my chances for a successful VBAC smaller. So, I have one more check-up next Tuesday. We will see if anything has changed, but I have my c-section schedule for March 31st!! If not much has changed again next week, we will proceed with my c-section and take care of all of my pre-operation paperwork next week.

What it all comes down to is meeting this sweet baby girl, and having a healthy mama and babe. That is all any mother can hope for!!

My Mom and I went through her hope chest the weekend. We dug up a bunch of beautiful clothes and blankets. Some were family made, and others were things that my Mom put my sister and I in as kids. I can't wait to get Ellie in some of these adorable outfits...

DSC_0119

This is a sweet dress that my nanny made. My sister and I both wore it when we were babies.


DSC_0117

My Mom made these adorable onesies for Ellie. They actually go with a matching quilt that isn't quite done yet! Thanks Mom!


swaddle
I am in love with these Aden and Anais muslin swaddle blankets. I found them at a local boutique for $47 for 4...and then bought them from $29 from diapers.com. That is the best website! They also had a 10% off coupon!

burpy cloths
I also got these awesome burp cloths from diapers.com, made by Aden and Anais. They are so soft, and when you are done using them as burp cloths you can snap them up as bibs!! Isn't that so smart?!

DSC_0115

Just for some cuteness I had to include my little Safari Son! Here he is in his "Diego Shirt" (because it has a zebra on it) and safari hat! He just cracks me up!

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see pics of Ellie! I am in love with those blankets!!! They are awesome for everything! I use them to nurse when I'm out. They are big to play on on the floor and are perfect for a 'summer' blanket!

Courtney said...

Wow I can't believe it is almost time for Ellie's arrival. Love the great new things you got for the baby. Rest up!

Chelle said...

I cannot believe that her big debut is almost here! How exciting honey!

I love those onesies. Seriously--how sweet are they?!

And I love that picture of Bradley. So adorable!

xoxo

Jenny said...

I bet you are just over the moon excited! What a incredibly wonderful time for you guys...

Those blankets are so sweet!

Jodee Leader said...

You must be getting soooo excited! I can't wait to see her sweet face!

amanda said...

can not believe it is almost time!!! yipppeee!!!

soak up these days mama :)

amy said...

You had me wondering Clare! I will be thinking of you over the next week!

Lindsay said...

You know I am so excited!! hehe! I love that you and mom found some great stuff in the hope chest for miss Ellie to wear!! Can't wait to see you on Friday! XOXO

Christy said...

I can't believe the big day is almost here! WOW! I bet you guys are so excited.

Heather said...

So anxious to see pictures of your little one, but have one question...are you sure that she's not holding out for an April birthday? After all, diamonds (April's birthstone) ARE a girls best friend!! ha ha

I know you all are so anxious to meet her and will be praying for you over the next few days.

h

Amanda said...

I have had a break from blogging, but i can't believe that you are almost due any day now!!!
Hope you have kept well and are enjoying your pregnancy.
Love,
Amanda x