Friday, February 19, 2010

Tidbits From this Week

This week has flown by! The fact that I can actually leave the house becuase the sun is out makes the days go by much faster. Bradley finally got to celebrate his Valentines Party yesterday at school. He was SO excited to come home and show me all of his cards. He even took the bag up to quiet time to look through. It is the little things that make them happy! I love it!

DSC_0217

It seems like all of my friends are pregnant!! My best friend Steph (on the left) is in the hospital right now getting induced with her first baby. I can't wait to find out what she is having!!! I am guessing a boy, but we'll see! Lori (on my right) is due with her first baby girl one week before me on March 24th. I am traveling up to her shower on Sunday (she lives near my hometown). I just went to surprise shower for Sarah last Friday. She is pregnant with her third child. I have another shower for my girlfriend Ang in March. She is pregnant with twins...a boy and girl. Don't drink the water people....or maybe we should!! Such an exciting time! I remember going through 'wedding' season. Well, this seems to be the baby season for sure.

I want to have everything "done" before baby Ellie arrives. I noticed this week that Bradley's shoes weren't velcroing all the way down. I took him to stride rite this morning and he is two sizes bigger. Sweet little boy was so excited about getting new sneakers. He put them on and looked at me and said, "Mommy, these feel great!" Whoops!! That always happens to me when I go in there. Next weekend I am going to make a trip to the outlets for spring/summer clothes. I just know that I won't want to be shopping in the next few months. I want Bradley to be all ready for the spring and summer!

We have been BUSY finalizing plans for our new home. I am getting really excited for it, and for everything to get started. The plan is to break ground in March and move in by June! Chris and I met with the cabinet designer yesterday to talk about our new kitchen. I cannot wait to see the final plans, but nervous about the final costs. Cabinets are such a mark-up. Especially when I want white with a glaze finish. Not cheap!

We have been slowly checking off things from our 'to do' list around here. Chris and I sat down and ordered another video monitor. It the exact same one we have with Bradley...except ours is on its last leg. I think it just needs a battery replacement, but new is always better right?!

monitor

We also bought one of these sound machines from Sharper Image. Bradley has one that is similar, and he still sleeps with it. He calls it his 'music.' We have it on the ocean water setting, and he likes it LOUD!! If it isn't loud enough for his standards he will get out of bed and turn it up. It sounds like an mini tornado in there!! But, he is a great sleeper so I can't really complain. This new version has an clock which I am excited about. I think it will be nice to have a clock in Ellie's room to keep track of her nursing schedule and stuff. Or to just make myself feel worse when I am up at 3:30 in the morning, and it feels like no one else in the world is!

sound machine



Family and friends are throwing me a shower tomorrow for baby Ellie! I am SUPER excited about it! I will share pictures as soon as possible!!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

yay babies!! I can't wait to see all of the pictures as you go to visit them all w/ Miss Ellie! Yay for baby monitors and sound machines! Those are def. high priority!

amanda said...

happy shower weekend :)

ps - i saw bradley's dog house at target yesterday - made me smile :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun tommorrow! Love you, Dad.

Christy said...

Hope you have fun at your shower. How exciting!

The Mrs. said...

I want to hear all about the shower! Pics too!!